New Sump?? Which One?

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
on my AGU 1.8T I have a sump that does tno ahve an oil level sensor, nor does it have the indent / blacking plate that all the oens im looking at do.

My cars R Reg..

I know I need one without the oil sensor, however im worried that maybe the crank might hit the indented part of the new sump?

Does anybody know which sump i should get? Mines jsut got one pipe (with 2 bolts) that goes up to the turbo, (i think). and dont know which new sump to buy.

Thanks in advance, Ryan.

P.S. Im buying a new sump as the thread is NACKERED on mine, howvver im looking into ways to fix this. Is there such a thing as a slightly thicker sump plug that can cut a new thread?

You should be able to tap the sump hole and fit a larger sump plug, most garages should have a kit in and do the job for £20/£30

dont tap it to a larger thread, there's no need to do that at all.

It's fairly easy to get the threads in a sump plug helicoiled, you'll need to do an oil change at the same time, but you need to do that if you're taking the sump off anyway!

If it's just the thread, I certainly wouldn't go to the trouble of replacing the sump. Call up any decent engine builder and they should be able to do it no problems.

Cost me £40 to have my mini sump helicoiled.

i recently found out the thread in mine was ********. so took it to a garage and they said it was common and just put a larger bolt in. cost me £10 for the parts and labour.