Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    DEMON JAMS

REMAP OR NOT REMAP THAT IS THE QUESTION

guys, phoned custom code, to remap my standard 180 quattro they quoted me Ł310 all in, remap ,filter and 007p but they say im probably looking around the 200-205bhp figure after the map and about 235-240 of torque, the torque figures look quite impressive but was hoping for a little more on the bhp side aswell, and 20-25 bhp doesnt seem that significant an increase really, but im not complaining any increase is good, just wondering if anyone else has had their quattro 180 done, and what did it feel like afterwards, was it worth the cash.? (hope so) really want some more power

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Its all about the torques sod the bhp figure,in my opinion.

DEMON JAMS
    i suppose your right vorhees, tis the torque that pins you to the seat after all, think i should stop flapping and just book it in after all Ł310 all in is too good a deal to pass on,

nice one mate

Kiteyboy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Its all about the torques sod the bhp figure,in my opinion.
    I agree

4th Gear

Status
    I had my 1.8TQ remapped, worth every penny mate

Searching for 6th gear

Status
    Had my TQ re-mapped by custom code at a show they had a deal on payed Ł250. Just the map though. Already had a filter and had just replaced the dv with a new standard item. (still working fine 6 months after remap). Definatly worth the money.
    Last edited by JayMc; 13th March 2009 at 22:35.

Neutral

Status
    Had my 1.8TQ done by CC as well, not sure about panel and dv tho..suppose price aint bad for the lot so why not! The torque/bhp increase from a remap is well worth it i rekon..

2nd Gear

Status
    In my honest opinion, you should research R Tech.

My friend had his Golf remaped with him, not only is the bloke the nicest, reliable and helpful bloke I know, the performance the remap made was amazing. All for Ł200. + a panel filter (pipercross) OR DV.
    Cars:

Now: Audi TT Project car but looking for An S3 Project.

Past: Audi A5 3.0 V6 TDI 300BHP 481 lbft

Past: Audi S3 MTM 345BHP

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanA31.8T View Post
    In my honest opinion, you should research R Tech.

My friend had his Golf remaped with him, not only is the bloke the nicest, reliable and helpful bloke I know, the performance the remap made was amazing. All for Ł200. + a panel filter (pipercross) OR DV.

I spoke with Nick from R Tech the other day, really nice bloke. I'm thinking of taking my A3 to him over the next couple of weeks for a remap.

Good prices too.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice