Genuine 8L S3 (facelift) Alloy Mirrors Wanted

I want a pair too. PM me with prices if anyone is selling

PM's replied to :)

The price depends on the condition they're in, but i'll give decent money for a mint set.

IIRC there is a difference in the screw location between pre and post facelift cars (i.e. older mirros won't fit newer cars), is this true or am I imagining things?

Cheers,
Dave.

PM's replied to :)

The price depends on the condition they're in, but i'll give decent money for a mint set.

IIRC there is a difference in the screw location between pre and post facelift cars (i.e. older mirros won't fit newer cars), is this true or am I imagining things?

Cheers,
Dave.
old mirror cases wont fit facelift mirrors and faclift cases wont fit pre-facelift mirrors

PM me if you want mine, ill need yours as part ex :)

I think there is a thread somewhere that says all the S models of the time, with the aluminium mirror casings all had the same part

£330 for one, total £380 inc fitting

But who in their right mind would pay anywhere near that for a set these days!? A pair with mounting plates, glass, heated backing and motors went for £155 on ebay last week so it's got to be less than that for just the cases.

These are worth £300 for a pair all day long. Anyone with a set knows that.

Make it totally different when fitted. Recently done mine. Updates it nicely.

G

i've got the motors and heated glass for the casings if anyone wanted the lot together, but brand new from audi they are a few quid.

an S3 without the original optional aluminium mirror housings isnt a proper S3....but that's just my narrow-minded opinion. To each his own.

I emailed the guy selling the first set and asked him for the part number so I could see if they fit. He responded saying he didn't know the part number and there were just random numbers and an Audi stamp on the mirror?!? I think he's either a bit slow or has robbed the mirrors and is concerned that I might be trying to identify stolen parts!

The ones on the second link are munchmans I think.

an S3 without the original optional aluminium mirror housings isnt a proper S3....but that's just my narrow-minded opinion. To each his own.

So an S3 isn't 'proper' unless it has the 'optional' equipment? hmmmm interesting....

Funky....how does the market think different? I've seen them sell all day long over the last 6 months for over £300. At the end of the day they are worth a whole lot of cash either way, new from Audi around £400 each.

It makes the car when they are included. Mine looks sooooo much better now with the mirrors on. Thanks to So1o, i had a great deal and mine are like new.

Good luck with finding an original set for under £200

G

Funky....how does the market think different? I've seen them sell all day long over the last 6 months for over £300. At the end of the day they are worth a whole lot of cash either way, new from Audi around £400 each.

As I just said:

A pair with mounting plates, glass, heated backing and motors went for £155 on ebay last week so it's got to be less than that for just the cases.

I know because I watched them until the auction ended.

It makes the car when they are included. Mine looks sooooo much better now with the mirrors on.

I agree, hence why i'm looking for some, but I think you'd be suprised how many people think different. Especially as chrome/ally mirrors come as standard all sorts of chav-mobiles these days.

Lol....chav mobiles...

That is one pair you've been watching. I've watched over 10 over the last 6 months all of which i might add went over the price stated. It took me that long to source a cheap good pair of mirrors which came with plates, glass, housings (obviously) and all the internals.

I couldn't care about chav's having them on their cars, let them do their thing. As long as i know that my car doesn't look chav thats all that matters to me, the fact that most are plastic says something in itself.

I'm not going to get into a debate here about chavs, their cars and or lifestyles, clothes etc etc.....there's another thread for that.

G

Ahhh well that MUST mean i'm lying then Eh!

Lol.....funnily enough all three aren't under the £150 you stated either.

*** get a grip!

G

yeh funky those ones are mine, and honestly if G hadnt proved what a fool i am i would have let them go for under a 100, so many thanks there.
i went down to audi with them today and the guy there said that i would be looking at 250-300 EACH!!! thats 250 for 1 mirror if i wanted new ones.

Lol....chav mobiles...

That is one pair you've been watching. I've watched over 10 over the last 6 months all of which i might add went over the price stated. It took me that long to source a cheap good pair of mirrors which came with plates, glass, housings (obviously) and all the internals.

I couldn't care about chav's having them on their cars, let them do their thing. As long as i know that my car doesn't look chav thats all that matters to me, the fact that most are plastic says something in itself.

I'm not going to get into a debate here about chavs, their cars and or lifestyles, clothes etc etc.....there's another thread for that.

G

Chill out Mr.G, nobody called you a chav. If you read the post correctly you'll realise that I said chrome/ally mirrors come as standard on some chav-mobiles, I didn't say the S3 was a chav-mobile. Why would I suggest it was when I own one and am currently looking for some ally mirrors :uhm:

I think someone is desperately justiyfing the price they paid for some mirrors...don't worry, if you value them that much then it's ok.

LOL....

I'm chilled out totally here dude. But thanks for the loving concern. :friends:

Justify the price i paid for them. I paid £150 for a mint set from a low mileage car. Not much point in justifying that amount as they are clearly worth more than what i paid for them!

Mine were also complete mirrors to include everything. So i've spares for anything that i might need. Cars never left anywhere overnight and is always locked up in my Garage. So very little chance of them going missing.

G

As i said....good luck with finding a set. Get some pics up when you've sourced some.

:)

G

Ahhh well that MUST mean i'm lying then Eh!

Lol.....funnily enough all three aren't under the £150 you stated either.

*** get a grip!

G

mr g :wtf:

no one is calling you a liar at all and i can assure you ive got a grip.
i was just posting up a few to show others that there are a few bargains out there and was trying to save people on here a few quid....

Bad day for me.....seems like i've got myself into situations i need to get out of.

Apologies.

G

no worries mate, not on here to fall out with anyone, just to help as im sure we all are mate :thumbsup:

Sorry to hi jack but how do itell if they are genuine Audi mirrors?

its just the chrome shiny ones i have seen alot are not like mine,

mine are like a brushed alloy and are metal definatly not plastic, did they do two types to choose from? or are mine an aftermarket type, to be honest imo i prefer the brushed alloy ones,

Mine arn't original Audi ones but they are metail / Ali..

If I had a facelift I would of made certain I got originals, pre-facelift ones are like rocking horse **** though (i've never seen original pre-facelifts actually)