aero wipers

ty160

s3 tys
Reaction score
hey there can anyone help just recently got some bosch aero wipers off my m8 for my audi s3 he work for a motor place lol, and the passenger side wiper lifts off the windscreen in the bottom corner at the end of the wiper as the windscreen curves in? do the do a curve wiper or it ment to be this way on s3 cheers

Mine do that, misses a bit of the passenger side screen when it swipes... The original wipers curve in but I am pretty sure aero's don't..

<tuffty/>

You'll end up with this of you don't use the OEM Audi Aero Kit.

I've done the same as you with mine, but used a different manufacturer. The same length issues surround mine.

G

Mine do it too, its only just before the wiper goes back to the rest position though. In fact its only where my tax disc sits anyway, I hardly notice it so it doesnt bother me.

ok links please to the best wipers then !

It costs around £70 from Audi for the arms and the wipers. They do look much much better though.

G

Oooohhhh!!!

Im glad im not the only one then :)

i had the same problem on my last car, they can be bent slightly by hand to give the right curve. just go steady till you get the right bend.

Yeh I was gonna get the proper ones but my bro bought me the vw retrofit ones as a gift and they dont quite touch at the end due to the curved windscreen. I can live with it.

no mate you'll melt the rubber, just bend it softly with your hand, they will have sprung steel strips inside so they will spring back, dont go mad in one bend though as you could kink them.

I've found bending them can lift them off the screen in other more prominent places as in the middle of the passenger side as it's wiping water away.

I'd just go and get the proper ones and be done with it. The aftermarket retro fit ones look totally crap in comparison to the OEM ones. Mine sit higher and have a silly connector which is rather huge. Google image search on aero wipers to see the difference.

OEM = Worth every penny if you ask me!

G

I've found bending them can lift them off the screen in other more prominent places as in the middle of the passenger side as it's wiping water away.

I'd just go and get the proper ones and be done with it. The aftermarket retro fit ones look totally crap in comparison to the OEM ones. Mine sit higher and have a silly connector which is rather huge. Google image search on aero wipers to see the difference.

OEM = Worth every penny if you ask me!

G

got to be worth trying though? mine sat fine, but I would buy the oem next time.

Mr. G - I'm pretty sure that the TT wiper arms are different to the A3/S3 arms. I'm sure someone will come along soon and correct me if I'm wrong. The Golf4 armas will fit perfectly though.

Ash...

for £15 i got all three wipers, the rear is **** now after only a few months, the front are ok but all i can see while looking out the front window/screen is silly black connectors.

Personally I think £70 for the arms and blades from the dealer for brand new parts is a good deal. If you were lucky enough to find a mk4 golf in the scrappy you've got to haggle a price with the skank then dismantle the parts and you dont know how good the parts are till you get them on your car and try to use them. I'll be getting all the bits from the stealer at the end of the month.