Just test drove an EVO 7

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
i seen this shiny red EVO 7 sat at a local garage the other day and its been bugging me ever since...so at lunch i went down to check it out..

First impression looks ok, not a huge fan of the looks but i thought the drive would make up for it...after blagging the sales man for wat seemed like an eterninty he handed over the key.

Well I can honestly say that thing that was bugging me for so long soon dissapeared! i was not impressed at all. I didnt think it was faster than my S3 at all, built like a sack of [censored] too!

The one thing that I did enjoy about it was the handling, this I guess is wat the evo exells in.. but the over all feel of the car was a dissapointment.

Got bad in the S3 and it felt like a proper car, Im glad i test drove it cos ive had a nigling feeling for ages that i made the wrong choice and should of got an EVO or some other jap crap.

SORTED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

appologies if i didnt make much sence there...had a few at lunch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

WHAT THE ****!!

YOu drink alcohol...and drive??? YOU ARE CRAZY.....you put yourself and others in danger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

the evo 7 is probably one of the worse evo that came out, evo 8 is much better. Dude if you want one ahha. NZ can offer you one at 10000 pounds low mileage

Damo I think we can safely say that you a p!ssed because you are talking out of you ar5e. The Evo VII is going to [censored] all over an S3 in performance terms. They are lighter more powerful and geared for acceleration hence 0-60 in 4.4 seconds (the FQ version 4.0 seconds).

The S3 is a great car, far more stylish and complete than any Evo (boneshaker special) but try to stop talking crap.

BTW if you were drinking and driving shame on you.

I had a EVO VI For about 18 Months before I bought my first S4. It drove and rode like a go kart! Great fun. In standard form the EVO will out drag any 'S' range Audi, not by much mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, and It wouldn't take much modding to keep up.

I terms of handling I'm afraid it's the EVO every time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Mind you I had a few 'hairy' moments with it's ****** AYC!

But an AUDI driver will always beat the EVO, because the EVO driver is constantly distracted wondering where all the rattles and loose bits of plastic are coming from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif