Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Just test drove an EVO 7

i seen this shiny red EVO 7 sat at a local garage the other day and its been bugging me ever since...so at lunch i went down to check it out..

First impression looks ok, not a huge fan of the looks but i thought the drive would make up for it...after blagging the sales man for wat seemed like an eterninty he handed over the key.

Well I can honestly say that thing that was bugging me for so long soon dissapeared! i was not impressed at all. I didnt think it was faster than my S3 at all, built like a sack of [censored] too!

The one thing that I did enjoy about it was the handling, this I guess is wat the evo exells in.. but the over all feel of the car was a dissapointment.

Got bad in the S3 and it felt like a proper car, Im glad i test drove it cos ive had a nigling feeling for ages that i made the wrong choice and should of got an EVO or some other jap crap.

SORTED! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Just test drove an EVO 7

appologies if i didnt make much sence there...had a few at lunch! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

WHAT THE ****!!

YOu drink alcohol...and drive??? YOU ARE CRAZY.....you put yourself and others in danger. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

the evo 7 is probably one of the worse evo that came out, evo 8 is much better. Dude if you want one ahha. NZ can offer you one at 10000 pounds low mileage

2nd Gear

Status

Damo I think we can safely say that you a p!ssed because you are talking out of you ar5e. The Evo VII is going to [censored] all over an S3 in performance terms. They are lighter more powerful and geared for acceleration hence 0-60 in 4.4 seconds (the FQ version 4.0 seconds).

The S3 is a great car, far more stylish and complete than any Evo (boneshaker special) but try to stop talking crap.

BTW if you were drinking and driving shame on you.

5th Gear

Status

I had a EVO VI For about 18 Months before I bought my first S4. It drove and rode like a go kart! Great fun. In standard form the EVO will out drag any 'S' range Audi, not by much mind. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], and It wouldn't take much modding to keep up.

I terms of handling I'm afraid it's the EVO every time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Mind you I had a few 'hairy' moments with it's bloody AYC!

But an AUDI driver will always beat the EVO, because the EVO driver is constantly distracted wondering where all the rattles and loose bits of plastic are coming from. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]