Quick Help! Number plate removal!

mramage

Reaction score

Hi. Can anyone confirm that the rear number plate can just be "pulled off" an S3. I have a new plate, done the transfer and my father-in-law is at my home and has discovered the rear plate isn't fixed by screws.

Can it just be pulled off ok???? Is there a place to screw in a new one or does it have to be stuck on again?

Fudge, should have checked this before now...

Quick help appreciated.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I changed the plate on my A3 about 3 months ago and the rear plate just pulled off, it was attached by sticky pads that just came apart. The original plate looked like the one from new.......?

Excellent , thanks. Did the new plate stick on then or did you screw it in somewhere?

Many thanks Dave. Going to use pads to stick on the new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The rear of the S3 has a series of holes in different locations to fit the plastic screws, but the chances of lining them up nicely on your plate is slim. I always use the double sticky pads, they look neater and so far have not fallen off. Halfords sell them in thick or thin versions. You need the thick ones for the front to allow for the curvature of the front valance, thick or thin for the rear.

Thanks Colin. The fronts are screwed in using the same holes as those already there. The rears are sticky padded on now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif