REPLACEMENT FOR BOSE SUB

jatbass

Reaction score
Hi can some one help, I want a better bass sound from my s3 2000 facelift on a X plate.

I did notice one time that a chap called Andy did a upgrade, please can someone give me his contact details.

Also I have the Bose concert tape player in dash can this be changed for the single cd concert as well as having the 6 disc in the boot, is it a matter of plug and play. Does it need to be a special part no to work.:think:

Sorry for the long post just recently joined and I can't beleive how good this forum is keep it up guys well done.

cheers guys need to know if the single cd will work with the rest of my bose sysytem a concert single disc, if anyone knows please let me know bec i want to bid for one that finishes in 30 minutes.

I think the single CD Concerts are all from later Audi's that use the CANBUS to control the ignition on function of the HU, so you may find that the HU only works by turning it on/off manually and will then shut off after an hour (you then have ti turn it on again manually). So to get it to work properly you'd have to buy a CANBUS emulator, which are around £50-£60.
Any original Audi HU will work with the Bose system as they are all essentially identical from a wiring point of view (apart from the issue above).

Thanks Andy, How much will the sub cost please fitted and were abouts are you.

WHy did audi place a multi changer ontop the sub? Skipping cd's when the volume is turned up...... doesn't strike me as too clever

It sits over the sub on a metal bracket, not actually on top of it. Either way the standard tupperware sub couldn't make a turntable skip let alone a CD.
Jatbass, sent a PM to you with pricing.

Yes it will skip as it's bolted to the chassis of the car, so feels every bump. You'd actually be better off taking it out of the cage and sticking it to the tupperware sub with a few layers of double sided foam tape built up to provide some much needed cushioning.