Air conditioning not working???

Wheeler97

Reaction score
Today i tried to turn my aircon on but it just won't.When i press the button symbol indicating aircon comes on, and as soon as I release it is gone. :sos::wtf:

could that mean it needs re-gassing? i'm a n00b so its just a suggestion=)

mine also does this but then other times it works perfect

i think it wont come on below a certain temp as the airs cold enough already. mine does it too

Yes what Ollie said, if its below a certain temp the air con will not come on, i think if you have the* displayed on the outside air temp it will not work.

But if you press button with windshield icon it should also start the aircon, at least that used to happen

Get it on vag com and see what comes up

for the aircon symbol to stay on the outside temp has to be above 5degrees

Also check the fuse on top of the battery
Mine went and knocked out the fans and air-con

J.

You were right, after a night in garage it started working. The outside temperature does matter. :salute:

I have the same problem and find it hard to stop the windscreen misting up without the aircon . Is this directly linked to the air temp sensor ? if so where is it and can anyone think of a way to fool it into thinking its a bit warmer because I'd rather have a clear screen than know if its a bit cold outside.

It doesn't just do it for fun, it's to protect part of the A/C system (can't remember which bit), but it's an important design feature.

I have the same problem and find it hard to stop the windscreen misting up without the aircon . Is this directly linked to the air temp sensor ? if so where is it and can anyone think of a way to fool it into thinking its a bit warmer because I'd rather have a clear screen than know if its a bit cold outside.

...you could go oldskool and just direct hot air too the windscreen... just a thought :)

A3/S3 aircon has a windscreen defrost button that does it for you too...

<tuffty/>

My brother is an ac engineer and he told me that it will not run in cold weather,as if it did then it would cut out on low presure. The presure of the gas in the system is affected by ambient temp. So this is why it is interlocked with the outside temp sensor.