flashing glow plug light and wouldnt run

flyingfisherman

Reaction score
So... 3rd thread ive started in less than 400 miles in my new car..

Tonight when about to go out, got in car, turned ignition on and let glow plug light go out, turned the key, it fired then died.. and the glow plug light was flashing.. turned it all off and then on again and the glow light was just flashing, tried to start and it did the same again.. and again.. also in the mileage window it said 'safe'..

anyways, went back to car when i got in and it started first time with no unusual lights or anything...

From what i have read, the glow light flashing could mean a few things, but this along with the safe light? and then for it to disappear as quickly as it came?

Car had been sat for a day... not done anything violent with it..

Any ideas?

Not sure on what the safe light means, however i am sure the flashing light is either a managment warning light or the immo light, as that would make sense with the safe logo.

What age is the car? I know some of the early petrol cars have immo problems with the ECU/Dash not seeing the key due to a dodgy connection between the key reader in the ignition barrel and the clocks etc.

Not sure on what the safe light means, however i am sure the flashing light is either a managment warning light or the immo light, as that would make sense with the safe logo.

What age is the car? I know some of the early petrol cars have immo problems with the ECU/Dash not seeing the key due to a dodgy connection between the key reader in the ignition barrel and the clocks etc.

Hi fella,

Thanks for the reply. The car is an A3 2004 (04) model and the 2.0 TDi Sport 3 door.. I hope that it has logged a fault although the engine management light is not on.. Went out to the car this morning and it was fine again..

Hi Mate, not sure what the problem is, but you are posting in the wrong forum, you will probably get more help in the 8P forum, as that is the model of car you have....

Good luck with it.