body work advice

boyblue

boyblue
Reaction score
any body need bodywork advice or even work done (if you live close enough) im cheaper than a bodyshop

Hmmm

Interesting...where abouts are you? What can you offer and what are your base prices on say re-painting a bumper.

G

yeah i can do the wheels 40 quid a wheel prep and paint any colour you like

im in bridgend (brackla ind est) i can repaint your bumper for about £100 plus depending how bad it is i work in a body shop from 8 till 4.30 then do some extra work for vdubt4s repainting t4s check out my paint jobs at www.vdubt4s.co.uk

£40 for a whole wheel prep as in dipped, stripped and repair'd + Paint???

Interesting. Pics are too small to gauge the quality of paint, not that i doubt you for 1 second. I'm sure you're good at what you do. You can do whole car resprays i take it? Have a sealed unit and also an oven??

Not sure if i want my S3 white or not.

Many thanks

G

i dont dip the wheels just rub down repair as long as there not damaged to bad then primer and paint. i first started working at t4s about 4 years ago just doing little jobs for mates for a few bucks then it just got bigger i started repainting golfs etc then went onto the t4s doin the whole pimping thing they dont have a booth the paint jobs dont turn out to bad but i put extra coats of lacquer on and spend hours flat and polishing all the t4s have been painted without a booth and some have been in magazines. im repainting my a3 in the summer

spam.jpg

Thats all im gonna say.

Reptor do you know BoyBlue?

BoyBlue what you apologising for?

Reptor if you don't know him less of the nasty attitude, it's this kind of thing we don't want here!!

Nuf said.

G

don`t you need to sponser the site to air your wares ??? thats all I thought he was getting at. A offer of a deal is nice to see tbh.

thanks G:thumbsup:..... i only joined the site yesterday i dont want to upset any1 i know it must have looked a bit crap with the no booth thing but i do take pride in my work ive been painting for 6 years and ive done some kick *** jobs

I think its reptor who needs to be doing the apologising here personally!
welcome to the site boyblue! :)

Totally!

No worries mate.

There is a little welsh crew who've had a meeting in Cardiff West recently.

You'll have to pop along to the next one with us.

Isn't it a little bit hard to get 100% perfect finish with no booth? I am looking to have a little paint maybe depends on how i feel about change really. Ming blue is the colour of my car. Can you wet sand?

G

yeah sounds cool. the only problem you got with painting without a booth is dust in the paint work thats where the extra coats of lacquer come in you can wet flat and polish for days its a lot of work but you can get it looking like glass. we use a booth where i work in the day and we still end up flating out bits of dust theres no way of eliminating the dust problem unless you have a very expensive top of the range booth