help =)

K

kaizokuninja

I couldnt find anything relevant but maybe its because i am quite blind....

I've just got my A3 1.8T and am looking to start modding it.

Wondering which is the best air filter to go with. dont want anything overly loud though dont want it to be too quiet either... does upgrading the standard panel filter make much difference to noise or just the general efficiency?

Also,

A new exhaust, again not anything too overbearing and annoying just a nice subtle note... maybe a little bit more power too...is it worth doing the downpipe while doing the exhaust as i read this can be restrictive and is worth doing if im plannin a remap, which i will be!!!??

sorry if this aint in the right section, feel free to point me in the right direction if i am wrong!! =)

A standard panel filter will just increase the performance with little or no extra noise. The exhaust of choice is Miltek, and I would recommend changing from the Turbo back as this is quite restrictive and beneficial prior to a remap. I would also consider changing the diverter valve to something like a forge recirculating diverter

Ok cool.... Any induction kits to be recommended at all?

Can the volume of BOV's be controlled cos i dont want an almighty whoooooooosh, just a little one will be sufficient?

does a turbo back exhaust system cut out the cat or do you replace the system around that?

Cheers =D