turbo timers

i was woundering about a turbo timmer a while ago seems a good idea but not sure what one wouldbe an easy fit into an s3

a mate of mine uses one, and they seem quite good.
i think they are more usefull on higher power applications though.
ill try and find out the make and where it came from

a mate of mine uses one, and they seem quite good.
i think they are more usefull on higher power applications though.
ill try and find out the make and where it came from
the power output of the car is not really relevent as you want the turbo timmer to cool the turbo and oil after a spirited drive or thrashing on a track so as to preserve the life of the engine and turbo, its the amount of work your turbo does which is the contributing factor not the power output of the engine, so if you only ever see 2-3psi of your turbo then there would be no point in one but if you thrash your car then get home you'd want to cool everything down, depends on the driver etc. :icon_thumright:

im sure the S3 has a 2nd water/air pump that should run once you've parked....im sure this negats the need for a turbo timer

got an hks one lying about off my impreza, to be honest id rather save my money, there is no harm in backin off boost for a while before stopping or even just sit with the car at idle for a minute or 2, in my opinion its only really worth it if u tear the *** off ur car right up to the end of your journey or could possibly be usefull when doin track days, i know some of the decent jap stuff acts as a lot more than a timer the can measure boost etc.

so basically unless you rag the nuts of the car then there is no point.
cheers for the info guys

dribz:redrs4:

Its an Aux water pump isn't it? as i'm pretty sure that the S3 has a pump that runs when the car is switched off, hence no need for turbo timer.

I could be wrong, someone with any knowledge on turbo's will correct us soon enough i'm sure.

G

After run pump only pumps water, with a glowing red turbo thats no good, it needs oil as well hence why people use turbo timers

Pointless. Just dont rag it for the last 2 mins of the journey, sorted.

just a though, but i dont know what kind of view your insurance company will take on them, i would not have thought they will take kindly to you walking off leaving ur car running! i know they have security and safety features to stop you driving off, usually just linked to the hand brake switch, but insurance companys usually try anything to stick it up you!!