what mods for my s3?

nath-w

Reaction score
currently my car has had a remap and a miltek exhaust system fitted. just wondering what other mods you can do to increase performance without buying big turbo conversions?

What type of remap do you have..generic or a custom one? You've got options like replacing the downpipe and cat with something more free-flowing which apparently helps the turbo spool up quicker, and you could fit an FMIC to help keep your charge temps down in the hot summer I'm hoping we get this year (yeah right!!), but I don't think there's much else you can do which will increase performance without looking at things like hybrid turbos.

I'm no expert on the subject tho and this is my first turbo car so will gladly listen to what some of the more knowledgeable members have to offer! :)

Andy

not necessarily improving performance, but improving your enjoyment;

brakes
suspension
haldex performance part
sprint booster
stage 2 map
hybrid turbo
aero wipers

think its already had a stage 2 remap, well so it says on one of the receipts i have got. (only just bought the car) its got a dynojet printout of 269 bhp and 258 torque lb. its also already got brembo brakes, bilstein shocks and eibach springs and front and rear strut braces. so theres prob not much more i could do to it. would like a new set of alloys, do you recommend sticking to 17's or going bigger as i dont want to affect the handling.

bosch aero wipers i believe, on ebay at about 20 a set. just a better set i think. i'll be ordering a set in the net week or so i reckon

to be honest nathan mate sounds like you got the best bits done already. have a look at ess stickies you may get a few more ideas fromthere... hoses etc..wheres the pics mate

side1.jpg

front1.jpg

b371_11.jpg

af8e_11.jpg

BNUu6UWkKGrHgoH-DcEkJw1bDiBJpDRMdrB.jpg

Mod. note:
I Edited your post to stop the pics from messing the layout up.
Glen.

What type of remap do you have..generic or a custom one?

whats the diff

i dont know what sort of remap it has as i have only just bought the car. but i have found receipts of a stage 1 and stage 2 remap by a company called AMD, i think?

yeah got a diverter valve. i take it that theres not much else i can do to my car. suppose this is a good thing. lol

Sounds like you've got alot more than most people. I don't see your problem, is it still too slow? New car maybe? :)

18's are the best bet as they look better and handle better (apparently)

JBS big turbo has to be your next option for about 300bhp