TT short shift for a3t ??

ooooaudi

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
on the previous site i seem to remember there being a thread
on swaping a linkage on the gearbox of a a3 for a TT item - giving a shorter shift throw ??
anyone know the part number or any info would help !!

matt

[ QUOTE ]
matt said:
on the previous site i seem to remember there being a thread
on swaping a linkage on the gearbox of a a3 for a TT item - giving a shorter shift throw ??
anyone know the part number or any info would help !!

matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, me want some too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OK Guys, keep your shirts on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif Here's what I know, the TT 5-speed tranny linkage does, in fact, directly replace that of the A3, shortening shift throw by approx. 20% It's a DIY job, took me about 30 minutes, but that's mainly cause I had problems getting the ball-joints to separate. As for the 20% reduction, that's someone elses measurement, but I CAN say that it shortens the throw enough to notice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif For the first couple of days I kept having to double check each time I shifted, cause it didn't feel like I was in gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But I'm glad I did it. Not to mention the fact that it only cost me 8 Euros (UK prices will, naturally, differ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

XXX1.8T first brought this to our attention, however, the original link, I have lost. Therefore I'm PM'ing Costa to see if he still has it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

im here guys for pre 2000 cars the part no. is 8NO 711 051

with post 2000 same part no just add an A on the end

I reccommend the mod as its a bargain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

If anyone wants to try this I still have an B&M shifter for a TT which reduces the throw by a further 40%.

Currently sitting in AMD's office - make me an offer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And with an additional 40% how the hell do you tell if you have it in gear or not?!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif