Wheel Badge for RS4

iancooney

Reaction score
This will seem like a minimal issue to most of you----!

Got my set of RS4 reps fitted to the old A3 and it looks great. Obv. you get the wheels
and the centrecaps with Audi 4-Ring Adhesive badges with them and you have to put them together yourself.

I obviously didn't stick one of them down well enough and much to my annoyance it is lying in a street in Glasgow somewhere! I thought no big deal i'll ring up the boys i bought the wheels from in Blackbrun and ask for a new one (after al it's ONLY a badge). But what a bunch of nasties - they said that the badges are supplied in 4's with the caps and they don't sell them on their own.

Anyone know where i can get these on these - even on the net? Mine are quite distinctive coz the rings actually have a bevel to them, not like the flat cheapo ones.

Ah what a long thread for such a small problem but it's really annoying me driving around with a badge missing you know?! Why such a problem to get such a basic part?!

Cheers

happen to me as well. luckly the place i got them sorted me out. Look on ebay, u may get a set of 4 original ones.

Also go to other alloy places they may sort you out

Well i was going to ask that - would originals fir these reps directly : are they just "pop out" with a flat head screwdriver as well?? I have seen them on other A3's and they don't seem to have the little gap for the screwdriver to lever them out.

They will fit, I fitted originals to my reps. You use the holes round the edge to pull the cap off.
The original caps make such a difference but they're not cheap - £16 each from Audi. Saw a set on ebay go for £45.

Is now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

£16 each from Audi you say?

But how do you get them

not all originals fit, because not all replicas are tge same

alot of people had 2 do diy to make them fit

Yes mine needed a bit of trimming, but it's very easy. There are a number of plastic fins on the back that need to be cut down so that it fits flush.

eh like the little clip bits that hold it in place???

you have to trim them?? So if you cut them down how do they still fit?

-i'll have them stolen to order - this is glasgow after all!!!

No there is a metal ring in the middle that squeezes into the centre recess which holds it in place. The fins that need trimming are purely spacers to make the cap fit flush to the wheel. On my reps these wee too proud for it to fit flush so needed trimming.

great advice mate thanks for your time

ah-we're all perfectionists on here aren't we?!

porsche alloys! crazy cool!

thats not bad at all actually <praise>

Andy are these the fins you are talking about? (With the red circle round them) I tried putting one on and you are correct they sit outwith the centrerim and clearly need to be cut.

Got some caps i a scrap yard for £15, nae bad.

Yes they're the ones. I needed to trim about 5mm off them. Just used wire cutters.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
They will fit, I fitted originals to my reps. You use the holes round the edge to pull the cap off.
The original caps make such a difference but they're not cheap - £16 each from Audi. Saw a set on ebay go for £45.

[/ QUOTE ]
christ i got riped off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif i paid £100 for 4 (£25 each), i was desperate for some at the time and mine arent beveled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

hey andy i fittd them (my hands are killing me from chopping lal thoese fins off.........)

you are right, the caps fitted better but unf. i couldn't get hem to be exactly flush with the wheel! So they petrude about 3mm over. I don't think there's anything i can do coz it's probably just the way the reps are made but at the end of the day from a distance no one would notice.

Well pleased though thanks for bothering to reply ot the threads