Power steering pipe

Jacko4130

Goodie Gum Drops
Reaction score
Just bumped my s3 into a ditch and have smashed the bumper and power steereing pipe, anyone got a power steering pipe or know a part number?

Its the long black steel pipe that comes back on its self and is bolted the the pipe between the two front inter coolers.

Anyone?

i might just have one any chance of a photo of bit you need as i had to buy a second hand one but only needed a little part of it, got the rest sitting in my garage

i might just have one any chance of a photo of bit you need as i had to buy a second hand one but only needed a little part of it, got the rest sitting in my garage

It's a metal pipe so I'm not sure you're taking about the same thing?

Sounds like it's the high pressure power steering pipe you've damaged. I had this replaced on mine about 6 months ago as it was leaking. Part number is 8N0422893N and it was £140+VAT!

£140+vat :ohmy:

Breakers yard here i come

Jim - its a steel pipe around 24" long and it does a u turn on its self, Will remove it in the morning and get a photo up

Yeah not cheap at all! Bear in mind that because they're metal they do corrode over time and start leaking like mine did. It's quite a common VAG problem from what I've read. It might just be worth investing in a new one to save you the hassle of having to replace it again further down the line. Depends on your plans for the car I suppose!

Depends on what they want for one at the breakers, if its more than £30 i'll get a new one, if not i'll chance it.

This is the only pic I have of the pipe on my car..the newest looking pipe in the pic with the sensor going into it. That bit is in front of the engine block, just below the a/c compressor; are we talking about the same pipe?

P1010634.jpg

No looks like a different pipe, mine runs along the bottom of the front bumper and comes back on its self

Any chance of looking now? Could come and pick it up asap, have just removed the old 1, will upload a pic in a sec

If you are stuck then PM me i have access to someone who's breaking a 47k S3.

G

Might be the missus that turns up as i have work i think, will ring you and let you know anyways, she will bring the beers if i dont. cheers man.