Headlamp Popup Washers

Madmatt

Reaction score
Hey there guys

Hope everyone is cool

Now im just wondering if those little covers on the bumper below my headlights actually do anything or can i make them do anything kinda guess they're headlight washers but i havent got a clue how to make them work and thats if my car even has them!! were they an extra etc

Cheers for reading guys

Much love

Matt:)

Hey there guys

Hope everyone is cool

Now im just wondering if those little covers on the bumper below my headlights actually do anything or can i make them do anything kinda guess they're headlight washers but i havent got a clue how to make them work and thats if my car even has them!! were they an extra etc

Standard on S3s. They should pop up under water pressure whan the front windscreen washers are used.

Cheers,

They will only work when you have your lights on and you pull the stalk to use windscreen washers, i take it by the fact you have these washers that your lights are Xenon (HID)?

Get someone to test it while you stand in front of the car (lights on obviously)! It's rather cool but makes a mess!

As Al said though standard on the S3.

ah ok cheers for the replies guys excited now didnt realise they were standard i'll check her out tonight!! wicked love finding this stuff out only found out on friday that i have heated mirrors....after i almost lost me finger prints on them mmm nice lol

Cheers guys

Matt:)

You have to hold the wiper stalk for longer to make them actually pop up, a single pull & release wont activate them, just hold for few seconds with headlights on then you should see the extra spray up over front of bonnet, love them really make me laugh, one of the funniest best options on the cars, but they're usually only fitted on 8L's with xenons from factory & as already advised standard on S3's

ok mate cheers for that cant wait to try them out now lol

will let you kno how i get on lol:)

Its pretty cool for pose factor as well, sitting in traffic and you spray them, really dazzles some people.....SAD i know!!! LOL

cool i cant wait to try mine now. i didnt think i had them, thought they were just covers on the bumpers.

i didnt know about that. i just thought it was a cover where the jets go. just tried it out now tho and it looks awsome!!

especially good if your in a traffic jam next to some decent women.... defo have the giggle factor:w00t:

how long did you guys pull the lever for couldnt get mine to work?? oh hold up i dont think the engine was actually runnin DOH i'll try again tonite lol :)

Ok, car doesnt need to be running, as long as ignition is on, put your lights on, and keep spraying for at least 5 seconds, that will defo get it spraying your headlights, if it doesnt spray in that time, then houston, i think we have a problem!! :)

Let us know how you get on...

Tim....I agree totally :)

Haha!!! I agree totally...

Hey im mr.cool, look what my car can do!!!

Then try and sneak a look out the corner of your eye....

However I do dread a scenario, where you press it and it gets stuck and doesnt go back down and just sits there pi55ing all your water away....How cool would you look then!!!! :undwech:

just a bit incontinent mate....look for the positives...women like a mature man :lmfao:

Yea well its a play on words really, whenever my missus says 'you're so immature!!!'

My response is....yea thats right 'im-mature'!!!

I always crack up laughing (by myself) whilst she walks off...wandering what she married!!!