big brakes

peteA3tdi

Reaction score
what are the best big brakes for a S3, 330mm or over, brembo or AP racing? i have 18"RSTT's fitted and don't want to fit spacers
thanks

Porsche will need spacers.

But they are the best brakes. I had never heard anyone have issues with them.

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
will the porsche brake fit with standard 17" rim's or do you still need spacers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete,

ECS Do a kit for the TT (Fits the S3) which uses Boxster S callipers, 2 piece discs.etc. Kit comes with EVERYTHING you need down to brake fluid!

2033_x450.jpg

i have this kit on my A3 and it work amazingly well!

The price is £1087+vat delivered to your door!

Can also do the Stage 3 kit, which consists of Porsche 993T callipers, and 320mm 2 piece discs, and again, everything else you need for the installation for £1162+vat delivered
993caliperblack_red-s.jpg

Drop me an email if you are interested!

Rich

richard@jbrperformance.co.uk

Oh and by the way... the Stage 3 kit is the same kit as other tuning companies are selling for £1375+vat! Thats a £213 difference BEFORE vat!

Rich

how much for the stage 4 355mm with vat delivered with all discounts and my £5 off
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
ps will i need spacers? i said on the site fits most 18" oem rims

thank richard

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
how much for the stage 4 355mm with vat delivered with all discounts and my £5 off
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
ps will i need spacers? i said on the site fits most 18" oem rims

thank richard

[/ QUOTE ]

They dont make that for the TT. On the ECS site lookat TT Quattro 225 for the S3, and Golf 4 1.8T for the A3.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
heard bad reports on hispec brakes - check scoobynet before considering..

[/ QUOTE ]

i read that also... personally i wouldnt touch them. But thats not saying that its not a good product, but by the sounds of it, their service stinks! BIG TIME!

Rich

just looked
Another ECS Tuning Exclusive. The ECS Stage 4 Big Brake kit for the Volkswagen MKIV 1.8T and VR6 and Audi TT. Built around ECS’s latest “TruFloat” rotor technology for superior stopping performance, minimal mass gain and greater cooling. Taking advantage of the light weight nature of our 2 piece rotor designs we’ve expanded the rotor diameter to 14” (355x35mm). Increased mechanical advantage means more consistence, shorter stopping distances.
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=1.8T&model=Golf%20IV&submodel=&category=Braking&subcategory=ECS%20Stage%204

Tis for the FWD TT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif unfortunately!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
what is the difference

[/ QUOTE ]

The position on the ball joint. Its further out on the Quattro, so creates a clearance problem with the discs!

They have only, in the last couple of weeks, made the Stage 2v2 kit for the TT. I guess that the rotor hat along with the calliper bracket are different.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
can u all see hte pic i hope so

[/ QUOTE ]

Can see 2 Red<font color="red">X</font>'s

Just to add the 993 TT setup fits behind standard 17" Avus without the need for spacers.

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
Aren't the seat cupra Brembo's very similiar to the Gran Turismo kit?

[/ QUOTE ]

The kit AmD sell is basically the SEAT kit... NOT the GT kit. The gt kit costs about £1500!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I right in thinking the Brembo GT kit is 6 pot calipers, the AmD version for £750 supplied is 4 pot calipers?

Rich... YOUR website states "Brembo GT kit". This I take it is the 6 pot calipers... if so I'll take a set off you at your advertised supplied price of £750! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The kit AmD sell is basically the SEAT kit... NOT the GT kit. The gt kit costs about £1500!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich... YOUR website states "Brembo GT kit". This I take it is the 6 pot calipers... if so I'll take a set off you at your advertised supplied price of £750! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesnt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

As far as im aware, the GT kit is still 4 pots.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich... what's the difference between your 'Junior' Brembo GT kit and AmD's Brembo GT kit? They are the same price! I just don't understand this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich... what's the difference between your 'Junior' Brembo GT kit and AmD's Brembo GT kit? They are the same price! I just don't understand this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AmD's GT kit.. isnt quite the GT kit. As far as im aware, the AmD kit is more like the Leon Cupra R kit which uses solid discs, not floating, and slightly different hardware, The calliper, i believe is bigger on the GT kit also.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
can i fit any of the 3 with 18"rstt with out spacers?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu will require spacer with the 993T kit with the RStt's (i may be wrong tho!)

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AmD's GT kit.. isnt quite the GT kit. As far as im aware, the AmD kit is more like the Leon Cupra R kit which uses solid discs, not floating, and slightly different hardware, The calliper, i believe is bigger on the GT kit also.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So can I Use the floating disks with the VAG brembo calipers?

[ QUOTE ]
DuncS3 said:
Just to add the 993 TT setup fits behind standard 17" Avus without the need for spacers.

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at the ecstuning web page and it says that you need 18" wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

why not fit a nice set of AP-Racing brakes, they do a 6pot caliper and 330mm disc that fits the standard 17" wheel and will be much lighter than any porsche/brembo kit/calipers

[ QUOTE ]
bingo said:
why not fit a nice set of AP-Racing brakes, they do a 6pot caliper and 330mm disc that fits the standard 17" wheel and will be much lighter than any porsche/brembo kit/calipers

[/ QUOTE ]

i have downloaded the fitment/wheel check cut out thing and i will need 30mm spacers to clear them by just 1mm with rstt's ,don't khow how they clear the stantard rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
why not stoptech!

[/ QUOTE ]

stoptech are porsche/brembo kit/calipers and richard is giving me a bargain price plus i have 2x £5 off vouchers one for each disc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SO ESS_Three,

You think the Brembo GT's is fine for road and just enough for a chipped S3. I'm thinking of getting porsche ones but as you said the price is hell of a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

is there a lot of difference from the standard S3 brake system then the brembo GT. Also are the standard S3 calipers 4 pot?