Hello

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Hello,

Just registered here as I realsied there's answers to all the questions I need. Anyway, I've got a 2000 A3 1.8T, here's a few snaps:

IMG_2133.jpg

edit.jpg

P1030590.jpg

Its all standard at the moment but pretty well specced:

Full black leather
Climate control
Heated seats
BOSE system with CD changer and sub in boot
The only 'mod' it has so far is a set of aerowipers :laugh:

I've had it nearly 2 years and its great, the only problems I've had have been the coolant temp sender, the drivers side window regulator and the rear washer pipe coming apart in the trunking under the airbox. All of those have been easy fixes so pretty happy. There was a slight rust blister on the roof gutters, however Audi sorted that out for me straight away and gave me a brand new A4 to tool about in for a week when they did it. Good thing is the door bottoms are mint so no horrors lurking there to bite me in the ar$e.

The cars got 67K miles in it from new, full Audi history up until I got it and its just had a major service by Autovolks in Solihull. The interiors all stock black leather, looks like its never been sat in. Took a while to find a good one but I'm well happy with it so far. Good on fuel but the handlings a bit baggy on it for my liking.

Plans for the future?, the front wishbone bushes are split and all the rear bushes are in need of a change very soon. I'm getting them all done(polybushes) and chucking on some stiffer H&R ARB's and a set of H&R springs and shocks to get a 35mm drop and to try and stiffen things up a bit. Oh, and the cambelt and waterpump are getting done at the same time so time to rinse the savings account.

Fancy some new rims for it once its been dropped, not sure what to go for yet. Some new discs and pads are on the cards too along with a remap.

I'm sure I'll be asking for advice on various things sooner or later!.

Cheers :beerchug:

Tom

car looks in great nick there. and some good plans to go with it.

Looks nice and clean mate. Your engine bay looks brand new :wtf:

Cheers buddy, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning my car but to be fair, all that engine gets is a quick wipe over now and then. I was really happy when I found it as all the others I went to look at had been abused!. Engine covers missing, seats worn out, dents all over the shop, badly done mods, high miles etc.

I nearly fell over when the guy opened the bonnet and saw the engine. I dont think the back seats have ever been sat in either as they're still looking tight and nice and matt, rather than baggy and shiney like the others I saw. Plus it was priced really well so it was a bit of a no brainer for a car with 40K miles on it and a massive history and one owner.

Its done me well for nearly 2 years now but I'm getting to the point where I need to get it driving a bit better. Its a bit of a sofa around the bends so I'm looking to get it all firmed up a bit and sitting a bit lower. Anything that gets done to it though will be done properly, its too good a car to cut corners with etc.

The missus has just got a 225bhp TT so I've been posted to cleaning that lately though...not sure how I ended up with that role though :think: All in return for a few miles that I'm allowed to drive though...makes mine feel like a right snail :lmfao:

T

My engine bay looks like that too!

Have you thought about a remap?

My engine bay looks like that too!

Have you thought about a remap?

Yep, a remap is on the cards once I've sorted the handling out. Need to be able to keep up with my bird! :lmfao:(her lack of skills will make up the difference in power ;) )

Right, shopping list complete, everythings getting ordered when the funds clear from my savings account in about a week:

Weitec 40mm Ultra GT Kit
Eibach 22mm Front & 25mm Rear ARBs
17" new RS4 style rims wrapped in Toyo Proxy rubber
Fully polybushed

Cant wait, give it a couple of weeks and it'll all be done :jump:. If anyones spotted anything that potentially might not turn out too well then shout up. Grill surrounds getting done in black too.

Cambelt and water pump will be done too as thats due fairly soon :thumbsup:

T