Smashed Mirror :(

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Same old story some low life scum bag smashed my passenger side mirror last night. :( Left it hanging found it this morning.

My aluminium casing seems ok which im relieved to see as there mega money but the plastic triangle plastic holder on my door has been ripped and has left my wing mirror sitter slightly higher which is worrying me even more. Looks like it's come out of position actually and is raised along the seal... May my door have been damaged or can the plastic mirror holder on the door be easily replaced? It's hanging slightly loose so the scum bag must of yanked it ttry and break it. Any advice appreciated. :(

sorry too hear about your car fran.maybe try breakers online for replacement or try vagparts.get yourself a garage mate its the only way too stop the b*stards

this is how my replacements came,think you'll have to buy a few bits
Photo0078.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah its that triangle plastic bit I need plus a mirror. Pants I bet its gonna be expensive! Do you know if they could of damaged my door as mines been hit upwards I think as its loose and come up above the seal on the window....

better that than what they did when they took my mirrors as they dinked the door which is where the internal aluminum top bar is so its going to be a bitch to fix.
check the gap around the door and does it shut the same as before?

Sorry to hear about that!

May call this a bit strong but they should be stripped starkers and publicly flogged to within an inch of their existence!

I was getting the car I have the now, and was trading in a VW Polo, the morning I was taking the Polo to exchange it for the A3 someone took the driver side mirror right off the door of the Polo! I managed to piece it back on and got away with it at the garage (och, the garages take the rip out of us so I was not feeling guilty). But anyhows, ****** low-lifes!

Best of luck mate. Hope you get it sorted.

Gutted for you, this is my biggest fear. At least they didn't actually steal the wing aliminum mirror.

I think you're in Northamptonshire I remeber, where abouts did it happen?

Thanks guys, yeah it's pants going to see a tech today at VW who may be able to advise me sorted. Looks like I may be able to order just the trim that attached to the door which.. Yeah relieved the aluminim case is ok....

Yeah left it at parents as i swapped cars with my dad, lives in Abington which is supposidly a nice area! Apparently it's happened before... Gutted.

temp.jpg

Abington is mostly nice, it just the people that pass through. Got a friend on Birchfield Road East who has had two seperate cars smashed into.

Yeah it is the people, or the chavs! Arr yes my friend lives there, no way!!!!! Man that sucks. GOing to Audi today to order the mirror and plastic arm, am hoping it's not going to burn to much of a hole! :ohmy:

this is how my replacements came,think you'll have to buy a few bits
Photo0078.jpg

Dude!

I've ordered the plastic arm where the motor sits... was it easy transfering the motor from one arm to the other? Many screws clips etc???

Cheers any help appreiciated!