Swirl Mark Removal??

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Maybe the wrong forum but was wondering..... is it possible to remove swirls from paint with elbow grease alone? Like if I SRP'ed the car like three or four times? Also, is that bad for the car?

Dont have a rotary thing me bob and I cant afford Polished Bliss to correct the paint work.

Swirls all over the car from previous owner :gun2:

Thing is, if I saved the penny's and got a roatar thing me bob then I would probably total the paint I reckons.

Anyone ever heard of that Meguires ScratchX? That work?
I normally just use SRP and some Meguires Gold Wax to finish it off.

Cheers

menzerna polish and a rotary polisher probably the best way too remove swirls.cant see you being able to polish them out by hand.could you borrow a polisher and get the owner to give you ten minutes supervision.or find your local secondhand car dealer and and try and strike a bargain.if he is not busy might be an option

I think you will struggle, as Audi paint is quite a hard paint, you would need a good cutting poilsh,

prob best to ask in the detaling forum,i know it can be corrected by hand with the right polish etc and hard work but only to a certain %pecentage, no way the results you would get with a machine,

Ithink the SRP has alot of fillers that will mask the swirls but does not cut the paint,iirc

cheers Oski

Cheers Guys!

I will ask about, I reckon I wont be able to get them out by hand. Will maybe see about a rotary thing and do a bit of reading up.

Cant see them that much but on a cracking day or at night under some heavy lights it is visible and bugs me something terrible.

Cheers again!!!

Hi All,

Maybe the wrong forum but was wondering..... is it possible to remove swirls from paint with elbow grease alone? Like if I SRP'ed the car like three or four times? Also, is that bad for the car?

Dont have a rotary thing me bob and I cant afford Polished Bliss to correct the paint work.

Swirls all over the car from previous owner :gun2:

Thing is, if I saved the penny's and got a roatar thing me bob then I would probably total the paint I reckons.

Anyone ever heard of that Meguires ScratchX? That work?
I normally just use SRP and some Meguires Gold Wax to finish it off.

Cheers

Hey.

You've had some great advice already from the people who've already posted.

I'd advise either a Rotary or a Dual Action polisher and Menzerna products to remove the swirls from your paint.

Specifically PowerGloss, and Final finish 85.RD. Those products will see your hard paint right, ridding any swirls you already have in your paint.

Don't be afraid to use machines because it's not as hard as many think. Just common sense and research of technique is all you really need before you attempt to tackle any type of machine work.

Once you've done this though you'll need a product to protect your paint work, LSP (last stage product) like waxes etc.

Although Megs stuff is generally good it is not going to remove the scratches and swirls you have in the paint unless you have the right products and a machine.

Hope that gives you some idea of what you need.

G

Cheers again, great advice.

So thats it sorted, I will get a Porter I reckon. I have heard about them before and it will come in handy again and again. Will do all the reading up too.
Want that motor to shine like never before :jump:

Cheers again lads! Much appreciated.

Barry