Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: N75 AND DV

DEMON JAMS

N75 AND DV

i have a standard 1999 a3 1.8t quattro and from time to time i seem to be getting a loss of boost, car runs and idles fine other than that was wondering whether to get a new dv (forge 007p or hyperboost) and a new n75, i have heard of uprated n75's but dont know if theres any underlying issues with these or should i just get a standard one im not sure whether any of these are the problem just thought it may be the right way to start going about it , if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly apprieciated, cheers guys

ooh, also were can i get an n75 from, would i have to go to a main dealer?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    1st thing id try is to unplug the mass air flow sensor and go for a drive if the fault is no longer there then its a mass air flow sensor fault simple and no need to replace things that arnt broken, however the forge 007p is a good upgrade to the useless plastic std item

DEMON JAMS
    nice one, ill try that first ,where is the air flow sensor located?

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    where you said in your pm mate

DEMON JAMS
    disconnected it seemed to be better, then after a little drive round i re connected it and it seemed to still be ok for a while, then i went back out in it and it seems to be lacking again, dont know what to say it seemed ok when id disconected it and even when i re conected it, until i went back out in the car afterwards

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    next time it messes around try unplugging it then, i thnk its looking like it could be the problem though