Sunroof wont shut properly...

G's S3 silver 2001

Reaction score
My sunroof was working perfectly until yesterday when it just would'nt shut all the way. Once I close it like I normally would, it leaves a small gap. The only way that I can shut it is by tilting it up slowly until I leave it where I think is in a sealed position.
I've tried shutting it by using the closure facility with my key but it stays in the same position and when I wanna tilt it up, it wont tilt all the way up.
Has anyone had this problem??
I would really appreciate any help with this as I dont want to take it to the stealers unless really necessary. Thanks.:greyrs4::thumbsup:

cant say i've had that problem there matey, sorry to hear about ya problem with it. hope you get it sorted soon!

Remove the cover next to the interior light. There is a tool for manually winding the roof shut. Then open it electronically. See if it remembers the position. If not, re-close manually and disconnect the battery for 15mins or so (have your radio code ready prior to this). You'll also need to teach the electric windows to self wind afterwards.

I've had this before ages ago on my old s3, it seems to have a funny memory problem, but after fiddling with the roof dial etc it seemed to play nice again, happened twice in 7 years, just keep trying to open/close it & I would hazard a guess it gets confused sometimes cause it wasnt a perm issue.