Alarm siren question

nickrex

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a problem with my alarm going off as soon as I lock the car and have put this down to the usual internal batteries playing up which I suspect is the culprit. Vagcom throws up every alarm fault code under the sun as you can see below so narrowing it down to any one sensor is useless.

7 Faults Found:
01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch: Driver's Side
35-00 - -
01374 - 01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
35-00 - -
Possible Causes
  • Anti-Theft Alarm triggered by Ignition Switch (Terminal)
  • False Alarm
01370 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-00 - Please Register/Activate
  • Anti-Theft Alarm triggered by Signal from Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module (J347)
  • Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module (J347) faulty
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module (J347) faulty
  • False Alarm
Possible Solutions
  • Check/Clear Fault Codes
  • Check Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module (J347)
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module (J347)
01368 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-00 - Please Register/Activate
00991 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
Interior Lights 28-00 - Short to B+

00955 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
09-00 09-10 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed - Intermittent
01134 -

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 8D0 862 257 E
Component and/or Version: CV-Pump, Alarm, RC D17
Software Coding: 15178
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435
1 Fault Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
76-10 - Terminal 30 missing – Intermittent

Anyway, my question is until I get it sorted, can I just unplug the siren so I can at least lock the car or will this activate the siren due to the internal batteries? I dont want to try it in case it is constantly sounding without stripping down the boot to remove it. Otherwise any suggestions based on the vagcom results would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

yes you can unplug it. i have had the same issue with my s3. nightmare alarm going off at 2:30am. not good for neighbour relations! anyway the siren is in the boot near the cd disc changer well above it. can just simply be unplugged for the mean time

Fantastic, thanks for the info. I've just had the boot apart so I can get to the siren so I'll unplug it now I know it'll be ok. Luckily the car is kept in the garage so I have been leaving it unlocked with no worries at home.
Many thanks. Any other ideas on the cause regarding the vagcom results would be appreciated although It's likely to still be the siren I think.

i replace dthe internal batteries and still got the problem, just pulled the repeater unit out completely, works fine now!

All done. I even managed to take it out without removing the side panel, tight and grazed my knuckles a bit but not too bad a job. Car locks fine now and nice and quiet(obviously!!). Cheers.
:icon_thumright: