Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

new owner with questions to boot....

well after owning 4x4 for a while( for sale if any interest) and having a vw before that iv been wanting to own an a3 for a while and im glad i did because its a corker....
    iv got a 51 plate 1.9 tdi 130.... i had over 60 mile to drive home with it and i smiled all the way.
    the diesel pulls like a train and after owning a diesel 4x4 its a breeze to drive.
    only problem is the cd changer only works on one tray...no5... so i was wondeirng if they can be repaired or if theres any after market ones that fit?,.,. also if theres an oem cd head unit that can control the changer?
    next thing is theres a slight oil leak from the driver side of the front bumper, is there an oil cooler in there?....
    also the guy i bought it off kept mentioning its got 170 bhp but theres no receipt for the upgrade and i havent seen a standard 170bhp one anywhere, is there anyway of finding out with out a dyno run?
    last question, i have a suede interior..well i think its suede, main thing is i need advice on cleaning and maintaining the seats...
    i think thats all the questions for now....

2. # ADS
    ADS

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    If the CD changer is the standard one its gonna be equal for buying an aftermarket one (Mines a Phillips one I think) as to a VW one

As for it being a 170, the Van Aaken (sp) chip boxes for the TDi VAG engines usually added about 50bhp so could have been flashed with that, best bet to check is a roling road

The oil lead at the front is going to be the Intercooler, the bottom hose on them goes often, either leaks or just unclips, worth jacking up, cleaning up and putting back in place if needed then checking again. if not its about 25 from VAG. But not worry, its normal.

And Welcome

Neutral

Status
    cheers for the info, ill have t get it up the ramp at work, as for the changer i can feel
    a spending spree coming on

Neutral

Status
    having looked at a mates golf tdi, iv noticed he's got an extra on his wiper stalk for going through mpg etc.... mine doesnt have this but i was wondering of there is any way of seeing this information on the dash, as i remember an old golf would display things on the dash with the right press of a few buttons?