Resetting onboard computer

blackturbo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

When I first got my A3 the onboard computer didnt appear to want to reset, since clearing some fault codes on Vag Com weirdly it has reset bar the driving time counter which appears to be stuck a 23:59 (the maximum time on it)

Any had the same problem or happen to know how to fix it??

Cheers

My driving time is on 41:something, and randomly flashes at 2:00 and 4:00 when on long journeys (well not randomly, just uninvited...ly).

I'm assuming you know how to reset the DIS info?

If you dont:

On your right hand stalk (should be) you will find a button which is located on the under side of the stalk itself. Press and hold it to reset, some cars have been known to require each mode reset, as in average MPG - hold button in to rest and scroll through the rest of the modes and reset them individually. Scroll though to Driving time and press and hold button.

Other cars will reset all by holding the button in once.

Try it see how you get on.

My driving time is on 41:something, and randomly flashes at 2:00 and 4:00 when on long journeys (well not randomly, just uninvited...ly).

Thats a "feature", as you are meant to take a break (of so many minutes) after each 2 hours of continual driving. It is a reminder to take that break.

And if the reset doesnt work on the uinderside of the stalk - as mentioned above disconnect the battery. But make sure you have your radio code.

flashed up with me that...always wondered why it did it....now i know - cheers!:beerchug: