Few Bits And Bob's

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Has anyone got some plastic engine screws lying about? The ones that hold down the engine cover? Phoned my local stealers up and wanted close to £4 just for 2 screws, rip off (im after 3). Also has anyone got the lower plastic cover that sits on the passenger side over the battery, mines smashed up for some unknown reason.

Cheers

Anybody? Thought loads of people would have these lying about!

I replaced all of mine with stainless hex head bolts and washers.... looks much better :)

Im sure i got a few of those from audi and thet wernt that expensive.

About £1.50+ each, rip off there only screws for god sake

I just looked at an old Audi invoice from nov 07. The plastic screws were 70p back in the day!!

Phoned my local stealers up and wanted close to £4 just for 2 screws, rip off

If your going to the pod I'll bring my service book and show you rip off.......£4 :laugh:

Are people running about in a car that new would have cost between £25,000 and £30,000, really complaining about the cost of a £1.70 screw?

Jesus wept...
WTF is the world coming to?

I was missing one on my battery box when I bought the car. When I had the front passenger wheel off to look at taking the wheel lining out to try and get better access for the ABS controller found a recess at the rear of the wheel arch (right hand side as you look at it). There was a load of crap in there and my missing screw! Something similar could of happened to yours, though have no idea how a screw could get in there from the engine bay!!!
Just cost you bout 15mins of time but it's free if your lucky!