Funny passenger side wing mirror.

Gambba

Reaction score
I have a German car in Holland and it has a funny small passenger wing mirror.........why? any ideas?

I asked this question on another forum, and the only reply was that it was no longer present on cars after 2000, so I accepted that, until I started driving a 2002 VW Passat courtesy car which has this same peculiarity....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

VW and audi introduced this a while ago (Golf, passat, A3, some others I think) because they thought the passenger mirror did not need to be so big and probably found it more esthetical or whatever. The press (&drivers) started complaining that it was too small and needed to be bigger so audi quickly changed to a bigger one again with the facelift of the A3. VW still persists on some models...

I'll go with that.

I kinda of thought that it may of been a good idea on the passenger side to have it as it keeps it within the confinds of the car body, so makes you less likely to hit things with it, due to it being harder to judge distances on that side.......just a thought.

I'm going to get me a fully grown one!!

I think they look minging. My mate had a dutch Golf, with the stoopid mirror, and the car is not symmetrical. I hate things that aren't symmetrical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey don't laugh at my car, just cause it's funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif