boost valve review

cyuen

Reaction score
Website
www.schnell-motorwerke.com
bought this gadget off boostvalve.com had a little try today, basically my car spikes to 1.4 and then quickly drop back to 1.0 bar or so. This thing actually held on to the peak boost and drop it slowly to 1.0 bar. So the overall effect is a wider range of boost in the mid rpm. rather shooting up to 1.4 real quick and dropping down real quick. It shoots up quick (as it was before), n then held it at 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1 slowly come back down to 1.0 bar

Conclusion from 30 min testing (not perfect yet, did not make any adjustments yet), smoother, feels like the curve got smoothed out a little bit more. I dont' think there is any "power increaes" crap. Basically if you dyno it, it will still show up (example) say 380nm at 3200 rpm and 360nm at 3800rpm. With the boost valve on, it will probably say 380nm at 3200, 370 at 3800rpm (basically pulled the torque curve straighter)

hope all this mumble jumble make sense (just had commercial law exam today, my brain is a bit out of sync)

anyway u guys manage to watch th Rugby game England vs NZ :p hehehehe (i m from nz by the way )

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
anyway u guys manage to watch th Rugby game England vs NZ :p hehehehe (i m from nz by the way )

[/ QUOTE ]
Never saw that game, but I am still laughing about the England vs France football match last Monday! You couldn't have written a better script than that!

cyuen, I've ordered this kit. I've had to revert back to the N75F valve for now as limp mode was cutting in and out whilst I was driving.

How long did it take to post out to you?

um.... 2 weeks or so!~
I have had no problem wut so ever before the valve or after. I never hit limp mode. (coz i m not running N75J)
but i find the car more civilized and smoother now.

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
Never saw that game, but I am still laughing about the England vs France football match last Monday! You couldn't have written a better script than that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, here we go...
Another xenophobic jock...

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
um.... 2 weeks or so!~
I have had no problem wut so ever before the valve or after. I never hit limp mode. (coz i m not running N75J)
but i find the car more civilized and smoother now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is here already, ordered on friday afternoon, its here tuesday morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Looks very easy to install too, with all instructions and clips, hose, ties etc. Going to fit it this weekend, the nice guys at awesome said they would loan me a boost gauge to set it up with. I will let you know how it runs after fitting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you get limp mode you will know about it. Basically, you can be accelerating, then all of a sudden, absolutly no power, it is as though you are just driving a normal 1.8 car.