Anybody using Weitec coilovers?

scott_johnson

Reaction score
As above guys, just wanna no how firm they are. I currently have H&R lowering springs on and the shocks have recently gone so instead of buying some (b8's for example) i though it would be easier to go for coilovers and sell the H&R lowering springs to put towards the coils!

Whats everyones views on coilovers over springs and dampers?

Cheers

SJ

you on standard shocks Scott?

I currently have H&R springs on standard shocks! Will coilovers be more or less firm than the set up i have now?

Will be firmer no doubt, but the weitecs are among some of the less harsh coilovers. I'll be going for a set of weitecs myself in the future.

Guessing your ride at the moment must be quite bouncy and soft on standard shocks?

J

Yeh pretty bouncy but deffo not soft with the springs! Dosent roll half as much!

Anything you put on will be harder ride mate, like i said though weitecs are a good buy.

Just dont go with any of the cheapo coilovers and you'll be fine

J

Out of curiosity Scott why wouldn't you consider uprating your shocks and keeping ur springs? Or are coilovers regarded as better?

I had them on my last car. Good quality. Harsh ride, best to leave them to the track cars which mine was.

Weitecs are proper pikey.

What on earth are you people comparing them to if you think they are good?

Spax??

Bilstein make good coilovers for reasonable money. (PSS9). So do KW (Variant 3 or Clubsport).

Everything else below that price is a compromise. You'd be better off going dampers/springs.

'that price' is about £1200.

If you want to spend less, then coilovers are not an option, unless its just for looks.
If you're interested in handling then Bilstein dampers and some decent springs.
Make sure you get the correct rate springs.

If you're spending more, then Intrax/Ohlins become the brands of choice, but Weitec.
Its like buying your coilovers from Aldi.

Dont believe the nonsense about KW making them, they dont, they own the brand but subcontract out and they are nothing like KW, thats like saying Skoda are like Audi because the same holding company controls them.

I Always prefer goin for Coilys, but thats only because of my choice on rims (9.5 at rear & 8.5at Front) because with dampners its just set @ 1 Height, where as with coilys if u can adjust till u feel u have the right stance. I Work for Yaash Motors, been dubbing golfs for a while but have moved onto the S3 now. . . . . . Group by on FK Coilovers? any1 be interested.:greyrs4:

where as with coilys if u can adjust till u feel u have the right stance.

And this is why a market for cheap coilovers exists. Because some people care more about 'scene' than handling.

FK make 'ok' kit, but they use Koni dampers which are a super hard ride.

Back to ED38 with you my boy, with your BMX's, rat look, stretched tyres and 'getting the right stance'