Facelift headlight bracket

mike_plymouth

Reaction score
Hello guys, iv got a pair of facelift headlights on there way for monday. Does any one have any pictures or even a sketch of the bottom/ underneath bracket that i would need if they arnt a tight fit? If anyone could help id be very grateful.
Thanks.
Mike

Are you replacing your 2 piece lights/indicators for the single one piece facelift lights? If so, as far as I can remember they use the same fittings to connect but you have to cut a piece of metal out of the inner wing.

You'll need that bracket. Otherwise your headlight won't be supported that well from underneath and will bounce up and down. Very annoying to say the least. Way back when I did this conversion there was a set of brackets on sale on eBay. Pretty pricey, but you can make them yourself. Downside is that you need to remove your old headlight in order to figure out how that bracket should look like.

When i did mine i didn't need one... however if you wanted to make one i would imagine just a small 90 degree bracket picking up on the origional fixing point of the old lights and then a self tapper into the lights... however as i said i didnt need one and get no bounce of lights... i do still have an issue of my lower fog lights that i fitted going off when i flash high beam... can't heave to two on at the same time... does anyone know a way around this ???.. here's links to the jobs i did over on Audifans..

http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25706

http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=26055

http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25940

The circled bolt in this pic is the one that is nolonger used on the facelift lamps.... so thats where ya want to be adding a braket should you need it..

DSC00142.sized.jpg

Yeah its an angled bracket, just get a thin strip of metal & bend it over then cut to shape with tin snips to line up the bolt shown in yellow above & then there's a hole on underneath of the facelift headlight that you can fix a nut/bolt to so it is retained fully, fix that bolt last of course after the top 2 & take note of the inner lug/hole next to grill side that the headlight also is held in with aswell which is why others havnt needed the bracket as the lug seems to hold it very well given its fairly meaty.

Assuming you know about change of plugs needed for new headlights

yup, got the plugs and all ready to fit the loom when the lights finally arrive. the wings have already been trimmed and protected with a little bit of hammerite. the only thing i wasnt sure about was the bracket and also im assuming a couple of the bulbs in the facelift headlights will be different to the pre-facelifts?
thanks for all the input btw guys, its appreciated.

I dont recall changing the bulbs, arent they the same, 1 xenon, 1 main halogen beam, sidelight & indicator, dont recall them being different base type either so should be ok, but subject to checking of course

yup the bulbs are diff.... you could cheat for a while like i did but better to get the right bulbs.... differences can vary... all depends what your going from and too...