AP coilovers

DaveMK^

Reaction score
Anyone know the best place to buy these? I hear they are made in the same factory as KW and are reasonably good for the money?

Thanks

From the reviews ive seen everything has been positive, give reuben @ g werks a shout he's the main supplier i think? Failing that try venom.

J

out of interest can these be run on standard springs, and could you lower the car if so?

coilovers are a whole unit they replace the strut and spring and are fully adjustable, if u want to go low leave the rear adjuster out as i have. these are a great product for the money.

Ok thanks for clearing that up! Arr ok as I saw springs in the picture on them so they come with it? Why would you leave the rear adjuster out? Sorry I don't know much about suspension!!!!

they allow you to adjust the height but if you want to go low them by leaving them out the car will sit about 10mm lower than the lowest setting, this is just for the rear the front has plenty of adjustment. my cars in the garage at the mo i will try to get pics tomoz.

I hear they are made in the same factory as KW and are reasonably good for the money?

Thanks

Hmmmm. They may be distributed by KW, but I think it's very unlikely they're made in the same country, let alone the same factory...

everyone who has them gives them says good things about the ap's, definately worth buying IMO

sorry for the delay heres a quick pick of my car running ap coilovers, really pleased with them:thumbsup:
k005.jpg

Thanks d00de.... what setting is that? fully wound down? How do you find the ride?

Thats lower than I intend to run as I only want to do a more subtle drop :)

<tuffty/>

I've just seen these and to be honest I was put off a bit because they're so cheap for coilovers.

Seems they're getting a good write up from a few people so I may consider some for mine instead of the Wietec kit I was going to plump for.

yeah thats wound fully down so its a little bouncy but before it was higher and the ride was the same as standard, the car feels much more stable.:)

I've just seen these and to be honest I was put off a bit because they're so cheap for coilovers.

Seems they're getting a good write up from a few people so I may consider some for mine instead of the Wietec kit I was going to plump for.

Hummm.... me too... I was going to get Billy B8's and H&R's but tbh I really can't do the 700 odd quid that combo is currently with the euro being strong... wonder if someone would do a group buy on these??

Awesome are doing them for £365 for my A3 which seems like a fair price. The Wietec kits and H&R kits are all pushing £500.

I do like the sound of being able to change the ride height etc...

Decisions!!.

What do people think,...40mm Wietec kit or some AP coilies?:uhm:

Nearly £400 for mine being a quattro... I am sorely tempted to be honest... I had coilovers on my A4 and got on with them fine....

Nearly £400 for mine being a quattro... I am sorely tempted to be honest... I had coilovers on my A4 and got on with them fine....

I'm pretty tempted too. I dont want to go too low with my car, just want a subtle drop so the wheels fill the arches a bit more (its going to be running new style RS4 reps).

They do seem cheap though. Ahhhh cr&p, I'm rubbish at making my mind up....I need to take some advice on them!.

If I can get a response to my stock request from the Awesome forum I might just buy some this week...

Can anybody recomend these over the weitec kit i was going to go for??

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/weitec-30mm-ultra-gt-kit-a3-8l-0996-p-1447.html

By 'these' I assume you mean the AP coilovers? difficult to compare coilovers with replacement struts tbh... especially at this price point.

The Weitec I would have thought would give a more OEM ride on UK roads, the coilovers will be firmer and you have the ability to fine tune the height of the drop to make the car sit right. I personally want Bilstiens with H&R springs but I can't justify the outlay at the moment and I prefer the option of height adjustment tbh so will prob just get the APs as they look good for the money.

dont be fooled in thinking they are crap quality because they are cheap, when i opened the box i was supprised at the build quality, they are as good as konis i have had in the past, i have had loads of different coilovers in the past and tbh unless you are spending thousands there is little difference def not enough to justify the extra cash.

Whats the ride like on them?, I dont want anything thats too harsh due to the crappy roads around here.