Do TT Quattro springs fit the A3 TQS?

hooley

Reaction score
As title

Do the front and rear springs fit the 1.8TQS?

Just wondered as I have been 'told by a friend at Audi' that they do if you change all at once.

Anyone?

Cheers
Jas

Would Have thought they would do but someone with more knowledge will come along soon.

As for the TT Springs,How come you're using them over an aftermarket set with dampers etc?

Got a set lying around from my wifes old TTR225 and want to replace a broken spring on my TQS runabout.

So instead of paying the stealers, I'd rather use these but not to sure if they fit.
Apparently they are the same as the S3, but as both cars have about 10 different spring combinations there are no codes that match.

Jas

i was gonna say why would you want to use OEM if your repalcing...seeing as though you have them spare.... id ring audi and cross reference part numbers for a start

id ring audi and cross reference part numbers for a start

Tried that and the different colours/numbers of different colours is bewildering. Audi just ask what colour combinations do you have on at the moment, and go from there.

Not too much help.

Also I don't really want to lower it or firm up the suspension too much.
Standard S3 or TT Quattro settings are fine by me as I use this car as my milemuncher/runaround. I'm not too bothered by looks, just want a sleeper of a car that can go around corners better then the wifes Q7

J

Funnily enough, I have just spent an hour trawling through ETKA looking at something very similar!

I'm trying to find replacement rear springs for my 2000 S3, the only exact matches (with five blue paint blobs) are the TT quattro (to 2002) and a golf sedan (2000) model type "PR-1JV" if that means anything to anyone?

The spring shortly after went to purple blobs, quite what the difference is I have no idea? The TQS will be different again....

Woohoo.

Thanks Josh.
That's good enough for me.

So S3 and TT Quattro are the same. Saved me a few notes as the Stealers are the only place that sells standard springs for S3 or TQS, but GSF and Europarts do the TT springs off the shelf, sneaky.

I'll use the one I have here then.

Thanks
J