Rust claim rejected

Jonezy87

Reaction score
as above went to audi cheshire oaks on monday the warranty guy took some pics of the rust by roof rails and said he would send them off. they just rang now saying it has been rejected because it has been visible for some time and should of been reported straight away?

anyone know where i stand with this? i bought it with it like it so didnt notice it when it first started!!

I was told the same thing at Derby Audi when i tried to claim for exactly the same thing on my A3 1.8t.
What i did was collate lots of info from here re the roof rail rusting problems and sent them to audi uk along with pics of the rust and after much wrangling and going to another dealer (nottingham audi) they eventually agreed to do it under warranty.
Once it was sorted i sold it and bought an S3 :yes:

My advice would be to get a name from audi uk and keep badgering them saying you reported it as soon as you spotted it, 12 year warranty not worth the paper its written on, tell them you are seeking legal advice etc.

If you want any more advice pm me and i'll give you my mobile number and have a chat with you about what i did.

Good luck with it mate.

cheers mate great help. ye like you say its meant to be a 12 year warranty. what info did you collate off here?
think i will do the same, get my own photos and that

cheers

Yep they will try anything to get out of it.
I suggest you ring audi UK they are very friendly and will call you back if they say they will. They are good at putting heat on the dealers.
Ask "am i meant to go over my whole car every week inspecting for rust?", "It was not previously visible to me", "When is the line for when you should have realised it", "Taking legal/Citizens adv" etc etc
Dont mention you bought it with this problem becuase then they can just say that is could have started waaay before you bought it.

Chester Audi (before it moved to Cheshire Oaks) passed mine on just a quick visual inspection.

Took 3 months to get it done though.

well the fella took pics then said he had to send them off to me.

anyone got the number for audi uk??