Painting Calipers

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Going to paint my rear calipers to match the red brembos on the front :)

Is there a how-to guide or something? Do you take the caliper off? If so do you need to re-bleed the system?

J

id be interested in this thread too as im looking to paint my calipers

id be interested in this thread too as im looking to paint my calipers

Dont you take the wheel off and just paint them?

Thats what I did with my MK2 Golf?

i didnt take the calipers off i just covers brake and disk with paper and painted them...

yeah its pretty straight forward. just use a spray can and dont forget to put newspaper over your body work and stuff, just incase there is a bit of wind or something cuz ya never know it may spreadon onto your bodywork.

I removed the caliper from the disc and took the ads out, then wire brushed the calipers and clened down with white spirit. Then primed them and used std car paint out of cans. 4 years on they still look the same as the day I did them. No need for fancy caliper paint imo

you dont need t remove the caipers, just paint the as they are. I wouldnt use a spray - it will go everywhere. A brush will give a good result.

Same here although I did use fancy caliper paint from halfords... Not as bright as it was as off the break dust I think. Will be repainting them soon. (Painted them 2months ago). Wire brush and hairdrier would be usefull!

just use a wire brush to break/take out all the rust. or use a driller with a wire brush bit attached. Then use hammerrite.

I did mine while they were still on the car using a brush they came out looking good, but mate of mine upgraded his brakes so before he put them on gave them several coats and laquared them they looked amazing. If you do paint them with a brush while they are on the car give them 2 coats and spray them with laquar 3 time they should look as good as taking them off and doing them. thats what I should have done:(

Good luck

Ams