s3 xenon ballast

al_cam

Reaction score
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster - thanks to all for the great information.

I have one of my xenon's out on my 2002 S3. Reading here, it looks like the ballast - I have swapped the bulbs and it doesn't move with the bulb and I don't think it is the switch either as it isn't intermittent.
My question is - where can I get a ballast without having to buy the whole headlight?. hids4u didn't know which ballast fits my car. I suspect it is the type 1 but this is out of stock. I have checked on ebay too.
Anyone have one for sale?

Cheers,

Al.

Have a word with or PM Ibzzzz, he will be able to help you out mate...

Nilz

Hi Nilz,

Thanks - tried PM'ing Ibzzzz but no reply.
Found someone breaking an S3 on ebay but £70+VAT for a second hand ballast seems a bit of a rip off. Still, cheaper than a new headlight so might have to bite that bullet.

Al.

al_cam.

Since you are changing your ballasts have you thought about 55w upgrade ballasts. Mine is doing what yours is, bulb light on dash with mine, when i turn them off and back on the bulb turns on and DIS light symbol goes out.

I'll be getting 55w ballasts and also 55w bulbs. A friend has just done this conversion on his integra type r. Such a big difference in the light output. I can not describe in words just how much difference it makes.

Ibz is sometimes pre-occupied but as soon as he is on here, he'll reply i'm sure. Have patience as ibz is a very knowledgeable man.

G

Hey mate, hold out for him, as im sure when he is along, he will defo be able to help you out and more importantly save you some money.

Hi Nilz,

Thanks - tried PM'ing Ibzzzz but no reply.
Found someone breaking an S3 on ebay but £70+VAT for a second hand ballast seems a bit of a rip off. Still, cheaper than a new headlight so might have to bite that bullet.

Al.

Sorry man, I did get your PM and thought I replied...Work and uni timing havent been very compatible so im up at silly times (like now) and in bed at silly times....But i would suggest getting a whole new kit, D2S 4300K I can have it delivered for the price in the PM I just sent....

Since you are changing your ballasts have you thought about 55w upgrade ballasts. Mine is doing what yours is, bulb light on dash with mine, when i turn them off and back on the bulb turns on and DIS light symbol goes out.

ooooooooo!!! didn't know you could get 55w ones!! think I might have to look into these too :)

I expect the bulbs would need changing too? the 35w std bulbs prob wouldn't last long with the higher output ballast?

Sorry man, I did get your PM and thought I replied...Work and uni timing havent been very compatible so im up at silly times (like now) and in bed at silly times....But i would suggest getting a whole new kit, D2S 4300K I can have it delivered for the price in the PM I just sent....

Hi,

Can you possibly PM the same price info please?

Many thanks.

£90 delivered for a pair of 35W D2S ballasts...unfortunately can only be sold as a pair...

ooooooooo!!! didn't know you could get 55w ones!! think I might have to look into these too :)

I expect the bulbs would need changing too? the 35w std bulbs prob wouldn't last long with the higher output ballast?

Thats correct....

Ibz

Can you get your hands on 55w ballasts and 55w bulbs?

G

I can indeed....

Hi,

Can you possibly PM the same price info please?

Many thanks.

Its in the post above....

I'm assuming Bentam you'd be getting a set of 55w Bulbs to go with the 55w ballasts too?

I'll be doing this next month!

Out of interest where are the ballasts located on an S3??

G

I'm assuming Bentam you'd be getting a set of 55w Bulbs to go with the 55w ballasts too?

I'll be doing this next month!

Out of interest where are the ballasts located on an S3??

G

Is the price Ibzzzzz quoted for the 55w ones? I thought they were for the std 35w??

Ballasts are cliped to the slam panel just below the headlights... front bumper off job!!!

I made a huge mistake with the price...only just realised...basically for the ballasts to clip onto the standard D2S bulbs it need an adaptor...they are £20 for the pair...the price has been adjusted....Sorry people...