Number Plate Plinth Rusty!! Replacement Needed!!

nashchrs

Reaction score
Hi Guys, A Spot On My number plate plinth/the boot handle plinth?? Has a spot of rust on it, which when someone run into the back of me last year,was re painted. But obviously the rust has eaten into the paintwork!!

I'm after a replacement and also wandering if anyone else has had issues of rust on their Car.

It's one of them things that get on your Bo***x and keeps irritating me whenever i'm cleaning the car as it lets it down.

Any ideas where i can source a replacement plinth? and obviously it would need painting aswell,whether it would be wise to get a pro to do it or carry it out myself??:huh:

Quite hard to see on the pics but its sat at the top left of the number plate plinth.boot handle.
nashchrs
[/URL][/IMG]
http://

I have the same on mine, so would be interested to know this....

Would it not be covered by the Audi Anti corrosion warranty???

nope its classed as trim which is only covered in the 1st year from purchase i seem to remember, i asked at my local dealer when i took it in for the roof rails

mines gone in two places too, seems to be where the light housing fits where it all started, only remedy is to have it resprayed.... im having mine done at body shop when mine goes in

you dont need to buy a new one as im almost certain the oroginal item is not metal anyway

Cheers for that Tim, I might just give it a go myself one day!!!