Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Bose front speakers

Having a problem with one of my front passenger speaker anyone have one for sale?

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I think I have one or both lying around (the rears are the same as front) after I replaced mine last year.

I'll check when I get home tonight...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Im also having a problem with my bose passenger speaker - when you changed your speakers what did you change them to and did you have to modify any of the bose system as i know the bose speakers run at 2Ohms?

I am just seeing if I have to replace like for like or if I get some aftermarket speakers if they will work fine with the bose setup!

Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kingalA3 View Post
    Im also having a problem with my bose passenger speaker - when you changed your speakers what did you change them to and did you have to modify any of the bose system as i know the bose speakers run at 2Ohms?

I am just seeing if I have to replace like for like or if I get some aftermarket speakers if they will work fine with the bose setup!
    I just replaced mine with 4Ohm Infinity units with no problems so far (5.25" fronts, and 6x9" rears) with MDF adaptors similar to AndyMacs design. In theory you will just get a bit less out of them, but the Bose units have a low sensitivity so that probably cancels it out. Certainly loud enough for me...

I may look to replace the Bose amp with something a bit better once the weather improves.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:

S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

1st Gear

Status
    Do those 6x9's fit into the existing rear speaker apertures or have to plumbed them into the parcel shelf??

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecowboy View Post
    Do those 6x9's fit into the existing rear speaker apertures or have to plumbed them into the parcel shelf??
    Yuck! I'm about 15 years too old for hacking holes in the parcel shelf!!

I made some MDF adaptors which allow me to mount the 6x9s in the original locations in the rear panels. I would have gone with 6", but had a pair of 6x9s so made for them instead...

Cheers,
    Alistair

Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the help - has anyone got the mdf templates for the front speakers they could send to me or post up?

Cheers

Status
    I have, PM me your email address.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kingalA3 View Post
    Thanks for the help - has anyone got the mdf templates for the front speakers they could send to me or post up?

Cheers
    Have you completed this job? I'm still trying to work through a decent upgrade package for sub and speakers so any advice would be well recieved!

Reverse Gear

Status
    No not yet im still trying to decide what replacement speakers to buy as soon as I know will post up how it all went!

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers chap