So fitted the Forge 007p but...

AxE

Reaction score
Fitted this not too long ago but the small hose that goes into the top of the DV isnt wide enough, so when put on with a bit of force the hose just keeps cracking due to age or watever. Is it just a matter of gettin a better quality hose or slightly larger one etc?

Cheers.

I was speaking to the guys from R-Tech only yesterday as they mention changing some vacuum hoses to silicon before having a remap on their website. The main one they told me was the one on the DV. The heat makes it brittle and it cracks easily apparently. I changed my DV a few months ago (for a genuine one) and the hos on mine seemed fine. I suppose it can't hurt to change them though.

Cheers. Just ordered new silicone hose.

I found that the mouth for the vacumm hose was too big... And a very tight squeeze for 3mm vac hose.. 5mm is a nicer fit.. But id advise getting some high quality 3mm from ebay or somewhere as the durability of it is top quality.. and it wont split, should stretch nicly mate, thats what i did.

Ordered some 5mm off ebay. Didnt know wether it was 3mm or 5mm. Does it matter which size goes on?

3mm is the correct size.. 5mm fits.. but its not recommended.

To eb sure Id get 3mm awell... you can always use the 3mm for other engine bay improvments if not.