Indicator irregular flash?

ianysm

Reaction score
Hi all, just quickie. My indicators started flashing irregularly both sides. The hazards flash perfectly.
Maybe its the relay but where is it?
Cheers ian

Relays are all under the steering wheel area under the bottom part of dash along with the fuze box.

Hi yeah the bulbs are intact. I also put the question into google and indeed it would appear that the Hazard unit is also the indicator flash unit too. I wonder if i can swap relays for now so the indicators work but the hazards are irregular?

If you listen by the hazard switch with indicators on you can hear the relay engaging

Cheers
Ian

The two relays are in the same unit, would probably be more effort than its worth to swap them. Its about £30 for a new relay unit (its actually the hazard button itself)

There is loads of stuff on here on how to change it. Its a bit fiddly but not too bad. If you've got a piano black interior you need to be careful not to chip it when removing the panel in front of the hazard switch.

Cheers, yep i've got the piano black. I'll order one from Audi then and get around to swapping it. I assume the problem will only get worse. Right now its just irregular but i bet it'll stop altogether soon!

Mine was only slightly irregular for a few months and then got worse very quickly until they stopped altogether, just before MOT time! It was surprising how worrying it was driving around without being able to indicate!

Hey this happened to me a few weeks ago, and it is the hazard relay.

Do the indicators come on some times but not all the time?

If so try GSF i think i got a realy for £20

I just randomly the box for my new hazard relay: part number is 8L0 941 509L