juddering after remap

jays3

Reaction score
i know its prob the a coilpack, but wanted a second opinion, i had my car remapped 2day and im over the moon, earlier today the engine management light started flashing, also the car has no power and is lumpy on tickover, also how much is all 4 coilpacks as i may aswel replace them all, thanks for any help

eurocar parts sell genuine audi/vw ones for £26 each

cheers guys, i just went out in the car and all was fine, no doubt it will come back tho, could a coilpack be tempremental or maybee the car is still adjusting, what do you think

Get the codes read via vagcom or a codereader asap and see what its saying to ya.

Probably the coilpacks, remaps do normally bring up any issues, they cost about £30 each, make sure you do go for the genuine ones from Audi, they are a couple of quid more expensive thank euros/gsf ones, but they last alot better compared to the others.

If it clears by cycling the ignition and then doesn't come straight back, I wonder if there is another problem.

I had a coil pack go on a Leon Cupra but there was an intermittent boost problem too. I found a slack hose clip that was allowing boost to leak out when the engine was cold. If you booted it, then you got a soft limp. If you hung on until the car warmed up before booting it, there were no problems.

The code it threw was p17705 I think, it pointed to the DV but that was forge one so I ignored it and looked elsewhere for leaks.

Gavin

i will look under the bonnet in a bit, to look for any lose hoses, i am going to have to uprate the dv also as its still the standard 1. Is the car ok to drive

i have replaced all 4 coilpacks but the issue wasnt solved, i know that is its cylinder 2 thats causing the problem so i tried another coilpack incase i bought a dud, still no luck im guessing now that the sparkplugs must be causing the problem, also i disconnected the battery to reset the ecu that made the EM light go out. any thoughts, cheers

Have you had it on VAGCOM yet???

If not get it on ASAP, as you are only going to end up spending/wasting money, second guessing what it could be.....

not yet mate, dont get a chance by the time i finish work, i have changed all the sparkplugs now still no luck, none of the new parts are faulty i know this because i have swapped them all around and its the same cylinder causing the problem, any ideas

had the car on vagcom today all was well no faults at all, however the guy i took the car to thinks that the plug that plugs into the coilpack is faulty, i rang audi and they sell individual coil heads so u dont have to replace the whole loom, only £30 so it will hopefully be sorted tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Good luck Jay, hope you get it sorted....