Two questions and one bit of advice!

S£

Reaction score
Firstly how do you take out the climate control computer unit on a facelift S3?

Secondly how do you remove the lights switch on same car?

And my tip of the day is don't but those cheap shiny chromey audi dust caps of ebay, I've had some on there for about 3 months now and went to check the tyre pressures and they had corroded onto the thread of the valve needed a pair of pliers on the valve and a spanner on the dust cap to get them of, although the last ones i had didn't do this because some pikey nicked them, but they we're better quality.

Dont know about the climate but i guess if you removed the stereo/cubby hole it would slide up?

Light switch goes like this - push the round switch in (the one you use to switch on the head/side lights) then while pusing in turn it to the right towards the sidelight position. This will pull up the sprunng clip on the inside of the lisght switch. then pull while you are turning.

Sorrry if i havent explained it well but im sure you will work it out. Easy when you have done it once

S£;680729 said:
Firstly how do you take out the climate control computer unit on a facelift S3?

Secondly how do you remove the lights switch on same car?

And my tip of the day is don't but those cheap shiny chromey audi dust caps of ebay, I've had some on there for about 3 months now and went to check the tyre pressures and they had corroded onto the thread of the valve needed a pair of pliers on the valve and a spanner on the dust cap to get them of, although the last ones i had didn't do this because some pikey nicked them, but they we're better quality.

Well the pre was screwed in place behind the piano black trim, the facelift I believe is as the 8P, it has some strong clips that you need to remove radio 1st & then pull the climate out with maybe some pushing from the rear, dont do with radio in cause you'll do as many have & damage the trim, take time & be out in 5 minutes easily.

Light switch goes like this - push the round switch in (the one you use to switch on the head/side lights) then while pusing in turn it to the right towards the sidelight position. This will pull up the sprunng clip on the inside of the lisght switch. then pull while you are turning.

Thanks i did try this the other day but it didn't seem to work for me?? maybe i wasn't being forceful enough, now my light switch is always in, suppose I'm half way there!!

Thanks to you as well Nigel.

lol, well you could always take the side trim of the dash that the door covers when closed & then you can see the rear of the lightswitch to get to if need be, the clips are serious mofo's that do need some serious pushing while at the same time being careful, try pushing the bottom out 1st from the rear, good idea except when taking of

yeah I'm not worried about breaking it as it scratched and worn ( Looks like Pat Butcher owned it before me ) and I'm getting a new one, same with the climate control.

God knows why Audi put such a crap coating on the buttons that get use the most, they scratch so easily.

Then stop using those fake long nails:

long%20nails.jpg

S£;680804 said:
Thanks i did try this the other day but it didn't seem to work for me?? maybe i wasn't being forceful enough, now my light switch is always in, suppose I'm half way there!!

Thanks to you as well Nigel.

Yeah just keep trying and use a slight force. Mine doesnt always come out sometimes takes a few goes as the clip doesnt always retract far enough....

If not as NHN said remove the trim only really takes 5-10 mins

lol, damn right mate cause if you cant laugh then whats the alternative