Cupra R Brembo`s...

warleydaddy

Reaction score
Just a quicky.... I have managed to get me a pair,that are still on the car.. I have to swop all my gear back on to it though, so my question is,will they all bolt straight on to mine,with no problems?? and all my gear back on to the Leon????

Pete...

Prob not,as the cars scrap.....

Why,whats the problem???

Pete..

Lolol, would be a good thing if they had one!!! Haha..

No its a car thats in a mates yard thats scrap... but need to put my OEM brakes back on to it.. So is it all straight un bolt off both,then rebolt and bleed on to my car???

Pete...

You will need the braided brake pipes swopped over too. and whilst you are at it, remove the stupid dirt shield to improve brake cooling. ;)

I gatherd id need the braided section,but will it attatch up to the oem audi part ok?? As i only have 1 shot,and wont be able to get any parts on the day if i need anything extra...

Pete...

With the two cars jacked up, a good set of tools and as long as everything isn't rusted, it should all swap over. I take it you have equipment to bleed your brakes before driving it home.

Yeh got all the gear i need:arco: but just wanted to be 110% that i wouldnt need anything else to fit them to mine etc etc... And il rebleed the lot with SRF as i have some left from my track cars....

Pete...

Make sure they fit behind your wheels too, they need alot of room and don't fit by behind many wheels without spacers.

I assume they'll need to go behind 18's too as thats whats on the Leons?

Sounds a good upgrade though. Be interesting to see how you get on and how they compare.

I hope it wasn't written off because of the brakes though!!!!:)

Had them on the VR with 17s should be ok!

It's not the diameter that causes problems, but the back-cut on the spokes of the wheel.
Some clear no problems (std 17" Avus) and some don't (18" RS4 style).
You need a 5-10mm spacer with Audi 18" RS4 style wheels IIRC.

It's not the diameter that causes problems, but the back-cut on the spokes of the wheel.
Some clear no problems (std 17" Avus) and some don't (18" RS4 style).
You need a 5-10mm spacer with Audi 18" RS4 style wheels IIRC.

Your joking!!!!!! Thats what i run atm!!!!!

Pete...:keule:

mine would catch if i didn't have 10mm spacers, I've got 18" rs6's

mine would catch if i didn't have 10mm spacers, I've got 18" rs6's

Wheel offset and back-cut affect whether they'll hit or not.

RS6s are obviously replicas, and likely to be ET35, so may have less clearance than an genuine Audi RS4 style with an ET of 33.
But, the wheel design has much to do with it.

I didn't know 18" RS6s needed spacers.
I'm sure 18" RS4 style need spacers.
The optional 18" BBS RSIIs didn't though, neither did the standard Avus wheels.

doncaster motor spares. its a breakers.08454084000. They might have some dude.

oh right, havent been there in years!!! got my first upgraded Rover alloys from them haha.... will give them a bell tomoz

is that where you got yours?

no mine came on the car. Just know they usually have everything you want there. Worth a try anyways dude.

found another motor spares selling a NS caliper off an LCR for £150+vat...think it best to wait for a pair.... is this reasonably priced? also would i need the carrier?

found another motor spares selling a NS caliper off an LCR for £150+vat...think it best to wait for a pair.... is this reasonably priced? also would i need the carrier?

£150 each + vat?
£300 the pair.
Calliper carriers are £75 + vat each (I seem to recall) so another £150 + vat.
Discs at £100+ each, + vat

Around £650 so far...
Then there's pads, hoses and high tensile bolts....and you still have used callipers.

When you can buy them new for £980 ish?

You must be mad.

Glen it was merely a query fella..... had a firm say they have an LCR with the NS caliper still on the car..... offered it to me for £150+vat..... i gather they would give me the carrier as it wouldnt be much use to them on the car and id have to go down and remove it

dont honestly know what to expect to pay to be fair, defo not nigh on a grand

Tim

But remember...it's your brakes you are speaking about!

Cutting corners, buying scrapyard specials of unknown providence then lashing a set up together and expecting it to work, can be a short exercise in living.

If anyone genuinely wants a brake upgrade...they should do themselves and other road users a favour and buy a TUV approved (or similar) well proven, reliable, kit.
At least you know the calliper seals are good and it's unlikely to cost you your car or life.

I know £950+ isn't cheap...but what velue your car or life...if you 'need' better brakes?

Same goes for cheap-*** 'no name' maker std discs and pads...not for me.
I'd rather buy something from a proven manufacturer who's knowledge and expretise (and back up) will give me the results I want.
So you have to pay a few quid more...
But I'd rather live to pay a bit more, than suffer the consequences of fitting cheap, poorly designed, poor quality or miss-matched brake components to a 1400 Kg 150 MPH car.

Can anyone please measure the center-to-center bolt holes on the brembo's? I wonder if it's the same space between the bolt holes on the "Big Reds", and if that's correct, you could use LCR brackets with the larger "Big Reds"-calipers.. And it would be nice if some of you guys with the big reds could go out and measure aswell :)

cheers Glen, some fair comments there........ I suppose i was relying on the fact that they are Brembo's rather than why they would be on a scrapped car.....