Funny door pin problem

S£

Reaction score
My door pin has decided to sit lower than it should when locked, it sort of goes into the hole by 1cm or so, and wen unlocked it only just comes out the hole, looks odd and i don't like it.
The garage had the trim off to sort a problem out that they didn't do right the first time and now it's like this, i know i could tack it back and get them to sort it but that would be the second time it's gone back for something they didn't do right the first time and i think i would rather sort this my self now.

Any ideas?? the trim looks lined up properly and you don't need to take the pins off to get the card off so how can it suddenly be 1cm shorter!

its just how they have positioned it..... id remove the panel and refit, often the wire holding them can bend easily.... admittedly never took door cards off the S3 but have done many other makes

Yep as said above.. take it off and have a ganders. it will make sense how it works when you see it...

very easy to do.

can i just get a pair of pliers on the pin with the card still on and pull it up? with it unlocked i can just get a pair on there i think.

Doubt it... cant fully remember how its connected but probably just needs adjusting where the metal pin connects to the locking mech...

could break something if you do it with pliers