Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

I'm New. Buying Help

Hi all.

I'm going to view this tomorrow

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...icleRegLetter=

Could you advice me on things to look for? It says the cambelt service has been done, which is obviously a bonus.

It doesn't say in the advert but i rang and asked, it has covered 86K. Is this a problem for it's age?

Many help would be greatly recieved.

Many Thanks
    Rich

2. # ADS
    ADS

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Hi Rich, looks like a nice clean car....your best doing a search for this type of info, theres loads of posts like this....

in short check if the water pump was done when the cambelt was changed as theis is prone to go at around 80k and requires cambelt removal.... also check for knocking when driving from the bushes and the usual stuff like cream under the oil cap (not always bad)....i personally would get an AA check done if you dont know ya way around a car mate

good luck!!

Tim
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

3rd Gear

Status
    86k is fine, the engine's on these cars go on forever, car looks nice, i have a 52 reg, 03 plate s3, same as one in pic, same wheels, but silver, immaculate condition, and i am after 6000 ono for it, http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/876888.htm, granted it has 20k more miles, but they are mostly all motorway, car is immaculate,

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Hi Rich, looks like a nice clean car....your best doing a search for this type of info, theres loads of posts like this....

in short check if the water pump was done when the cambelt was changed as theis is prone to go at around 80k and requires cambelt removal.... also check for knocking when driving from the bushes and the usual stuff like cream under the oil cap (not always bad)....i personally would get an AA check done if you dont know ya way around a car mate

good luck!!

Tim
    Thanks for he advice. I will ask if the water pump has been changed as well. Is their anyway i can physically check this though? Other than the chap saying so?

I only ask about milage as i had a bmw at 120K which was apparently ment to go on forever, and everything seemed to go wrong with it

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    No real way of checking the waterpump to be honest, just one of those things AFAIK, apart from that, just check all the electrics are working properly, and the mileage thing, a car is only as good as its been looked after (not saying you didnt look after the BM) but you know what i mean (hopefully)