Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 1999 Angel Eyes - Fitting

Hey
    I have just had a set of Angel Eyes (from ebay) installed on my A3 1.9tdi 1999 and the main, indicators and full beams are working all fine. But I have not as yet, connected the LED Halo's (rings). There is one red and one black wire coming out of each Headlight, and I'm certain thats what they are for, but I'ts not obvious how to connect this. Unfortunately, the lights came with a manual, and I left them with someone to install whilst i was on holiday, and he's lost it! But, I have read on another forum, that this should be fairly simple - the Grey lead coming from the car is for the negative (BLACK) cable on the lights, and the Brown lead coming from the car is for the positive (RED) cable on the lights, but it sounded like the guy was guessing. I read on another forum, that if i do this (remove the grey/brown lead from the harness and attach it to the black/red leads on the light) then i would need a 30 ohms resistor in between them. Does someone have any detailed instructions or anyone whos done it before know how they got them to work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Any chance you can contact the seller on Ebay and see if they can send out a set of instructions to you??

Sorry cant help anymore, dont want to end up blowing your car up....lol!!!

Always Choose An S3 'Simples'

Status
    Hi,

I read somewhere that All halo rings (if fitted) will require the manual wiring of the halo rings to a suitable 12v source and earth point. Main and dipped beams will in most cases normally plug straight into your existing wiring loom.

Ive been looking and destructions are hard to come by, whats the make and model of your angel eyes?
    Last edited by SkimpyBeardy; 12th February 2009 at 10:44.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had These fitted to my A3 '99

And all i did was connect the plug that was on the lights, to my car ( traight fit) and the halo rings i had to join and connect to my park light wires, quite simple. Hope this helps
    A3 8L 1.8T 99
    DP with complete 63mm exhaust
    40mm lowered, 18' RS4 Mattblack
    Forge Splt-R, N75J
    Port Tuned by FRC

Reverse Gear

Status
    Having looked at the diagrams in the Haynes manual, I noticed that the sidelights have a single wire going into each headlight. I have learned how to wire up LED's (in parralell or in series) and have bought resistors too. But I dont understand how - if there is only 1 wire coming from the car, how to wire this to the Positive and Negative cables coming from the LED's? Anyone have any ideas?

2nd Gear

Status
    When i fitted angel eyes to my saxo, (arghhh) ha.

I jsut spleened the wires on to the side light wiring.

Peice of cake when you think of it, as they are in theory your sidelights, so use the original sidelight wiring.

really they should have a plug to fit if they are made for you car tho.
    Audi S3 MTM
    345 BHP, K26 Turbo - MTM Manifold, Downpipe and Milltek Cat Back
    Polished Inlet - Facelift Front & Rear - Black Badges, Welly FMIC, N249 Bypass,

To Come - Anthracite Rs4s

------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE:
    Audi S3 Genuine Chrome Mirror Caps. PM Me for Details

5th Gear

Status
    Angel eyes??? eeewww there Fecking horrid!!

you can get xenon facelft headlight for around the same price and there ****e angel eyes.

sorry just my 2 cents are there uuuuuurrrrggglly
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

1st Gear

Status
    come on be fair to the lad....he didn't want an opinion on them - he just wanted advice on how to fit them properly!

Quote Originally Posted by reptor245 View Post
    Angel eyes??? eeewww there Fecking horrid!!

you can get xenon facelft headlight for around the same price and there ****e angel eyes.

sorry just my 2 cents are there uuuuuurrrrggglly

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tajdeol View Post
    But I dont understand how - if there is only 1 wire coming from the car, how to wire this to the Positive and Negative cables coming from the LED's? Anyone have any ideas?
    As a guess I would say the wire coming from the car is positive? so you can join the negative to another earth on the headlight loom. or make your own to a good connection on the body.

Also shouldn't the led's be 12volt anyway don't think you need more resistors?

2nd Gear

Status