VAG-COM

SkimpyBeardy

Always Choose An S3 'Simples'
Reaction score
Hi could you guys shed some light on VAG-COM?

I have googled it and would like to find out more about it? is it worth getting is it a programme on your laptop ect?

How much are they? how do you connect them to your s3?

Or if im being an idiot and there is a website telling me all could you link me please.:rockwoot:

Cheers guys,

Jake

Wow, Thank you, it is abit pricy, but then again really hand to have. interesting too. I wonder if I could pick one up second hand off fleebay or something.:rockwoot:

They rarely appear on ebay but if you dont want to splash out for the full registered version of the software and an official cable you can use the unregistered version (download from the Ross-tech website) and buy a cheap VAGCOM cable from ebay.

The unregistered version of the software wont let you do everything and apparently the cheap cables aren't always reliable.

Oh rite, so I guess its that old chesnut you get what you pay for??,

I will have a look on Fleebay, maybe worth getting the official cable and a cheaper copy of VAG!

I am doing a group buy for £228.75 delivered, which as you can see is fair bit cheaper, dont waste your time on counterfeit ones, cause never uptodate & can cause issues with cars, not all the time but been known to, if you want to get on this buy then PM me, its fully genuine & Hex Can USB cable only as latest software is always better downloaded from RT themselves.

Genuine cable doesnt require paying for vcds software because the activation is in the cable itself, so buy the cable & the software works full stop, its only when you use 3rd party leads that you have to pay for the license as not RT cable so cant be authorised & also the 3rd party leads only use older software versions 3/4 which is very old, we're on 805 now & soon to be 812 or above.

Yeah, would defiantly be interested in that.

Im going to have a look at an S3 this weekend hopefully if I can get the time, If not then next week, If its still for sale.

What kind of time-frame are you guys wanting to do a group buy?

Cheers:rockwoot:

ASAP fella & need 100% definites as had alot of interested people, but if one person drops it screws everyone else fella, sure you understand.

Thanks.

N.

Well I wont Screw you around mate, I would be looking to get one soon but not asap. But please let me know how you get on.

Cheers buddy

Jake:rockwoot:

What settings ccan you change and things can be viewed with VAG COM? Is it just engine related or does it stretch to other things?

I'm new to it all aswell!

its the best bit of kit youd ever buy for your car, it reads everything on your car and allows you to change codes/addaptions ie turn on beeps on alarm, alter dash light settings, remote windows from your keys, auto lock etc etc etc.
very handy for fault finding etc.