Rear Tyre rubbing help

ruairi83

Reaction score
My A3 is lower on spax springs and standard shocks.

Took the back tyre off last week and the inside wall was well rubbed away...

Could this be one of the shocks have gone? It pasted MOT no problem with no issues on shocks etc...

Im running 18" rs6's with 225/40/r18 Khumo tyres...

Any help appreciate.:keule:

If its quattro... maybe something to do with the rear track control arms. The rear camber is thrown out when the car is lowered so scrubs the inside edges of the tyres... how long have the tyres been on?
If it is as ive said and indeed a quattro then i would say... if its just one side maybe a bush on the track control arm has split/ perrished or if its the same on both sides maybe the car is too low for standard control arms to hold the chamber angle. I fitted KW adjustable rear arms and its sorted everything as they can be set to stock setting or a little camber to aid cornering,

Are. right,
How long have the tyres been on ? Is it just on one side? how long have you owned the car?

The new tyres are on a week but the old tyres where on a year. only on left rear.

Just want to know weather to get shocks for back or bushes ???

Own the car 1.5years.

It was lowered on spax springs and standard shocks when i got it...

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

ABCD0014-2.jpg

Ah,
well it doesnt look "too low" i would check with the lads on here that have non 4wd A3s . As the rear set up maybe comletely diffrent to what i see when i jack mine up. If it was a shocker i would expect it to be wet if its leaked or ride realy bad if its given up.
I would look at the bushes on the rear... role bar links/mounts...

Ah,
well it doesnt look "too low" i would check with the lads on here that have non 4wd A3s . As the rear set up maybe comletely diffrent to what i see when i jack mine up. If it was a shocker i would expect it to be wet if its leaked or ride realy bad if its given up.
I would look at the bushes on the rear... role bar links/mounts...

Cheers mate going to check out about bushes tomorrow.
Thank for help!:salute: