Rust on rear arch - picture included, info on anti corrosion policy please!

VTI_EG_DAN

Reaction score
Hey all, well I might be goin to look at an S3 in a couple of days to buy,

but there is a bit of rust on the rear arch

Iv been reading through the forums and seen something about a 12 year anti corrosion policy that audi have.

I was wondering does this have to be at the orginal garage or anything?

or should I be able to buy the S3 and take it into my local audi and see if they will do anything?

The s3 is a 02 plate

Cheers Dan

They will fix it at any audi garage if the work is approved by their warranty people.

They will always try to get out of it though by saying its been painted previously (using a paint guage)

bit if a pain in the ****, but if they do it for free its all good..

not sure if rust there is a common problem but it would worry me on a 7 year old audi unless its had a ding/repaint on the wing?

I've never seen an S3 with rusty arches, personally that would worry me and I would give it a miss.

IMO an S3 that has had no paintwork or accident damage should not be rusting on the arches.

For it to bubble up there i would say that has has a ding at some point and been repaired on the cheap. Very much doubt audi will fix it for free.

I agree with Jacko as its had a ding

The reason Audi have a 12 year rust warrenty is because they are so confident that their cars wont rust. That car is only 7 years old and we all know that the arches rusting isn't common. I'd say that's had a prang and I'd give it a wide birth if I was you matey. Plenty of decent S3s about at low money now.

I made the mistake of not checking over my motor properly when I bought it and now it has slight bubbling on the roof. I took it to an Audi body shop and they confirmed that it had had the rear quarter sprayed at some point.